U guys call out bad trade offers publicly in your leagues? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

U guys call out bad trade offers publicly in your leagues?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby wrveres » Tue May 23, 2006 3:26 am

No, and it is very rude .. :-t
25                "Love the Padres"
Rafael

Dodgers FAIL|Mets FAIL|Canada FAIL
wrveres
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 734)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue May 23, 2006 8:23 am

i may have a few years ago, but then i realized it makes you look like a horses back end
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Fool42 » Tue May 23, 2006 9:07 am

I recently had a pretty bad one offered to me. Something like Verlander & I don't remember who for RJ & and a throw in. In a dynasty no less. Anyway I thought about calling him out on it but I then I realized that no good could come of it and if I ever did want to deal with that owner I probably would have a hard time. It's better to laugh it off and reject it than call them out and cause bad blood in league. FB is supposed to be fun so why take one moment of bad judgment and cause an uncomfortable feeling for the rest of the year or longer depending on what kind of league it is.

On the other hand if the same owner was repeatadly sending me ridiculous offers I'd send them a PM letting them know what I thought about it and might threaten to out them.
All of the true things I am about to tell you are shameless lies
Fool42
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby fun » Tue May 23, 2006 11:04 am

Fool42 wrote:I recently had a pretty bad one offered to me. Something like Verlander & I don't remember who for RJ & and a throw in. In a dynasty no less. Anyway I thought about calling him out on it but I then I realized that no good could come of it and if I ever did want to deal with that owner I probably would have a hard time. It's better to laugh it off and reject it than call them out and cause bad blood in league. FB is supposed to be fun so why take one moment of bad judgment and cause an uncomfortable feeling for the rest of the year or longer depending on what kind of league it is.

On the other hand if the same owner was repeatadly sending me ridiculous offers I'd send them a PM letting them know what I thought about it and might threaten to out them.

Were you giving up RJ or getting him? I'd take Verlander over RJ at this point. ;-D
fun
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Zito is God » Tue May 23, 2006 11:26 am

Fool42 wrote:I recently had a pretty bad one offered to me. Something like Verlander & I don't remember who for RJ & and a throw in. In a dynasty no less. Anyway I thought about calling him out on it but I then I realized that no good could come of it and if I ever did want to deal with that owner I probably would have a hard time. It's better to laugh it off and reject it than call them out and cause bad blood in league. FB is supposed to be fun so why take one moment of bad judgment and cause an uncomfortable feeling for the rest of the year or longer depending on what kind of league it is.

Are you kidding, that's and amazing offer in a dynasty and I can't believe you're complaining about it, let alone not taking it.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Mile High Ballers » Tue May 23, 2006 11:41 am

I only post complaints If the trade is really horribly unfair. Personally don't believe in Veto unless Collusion is obvious. So the league message board is , to me, the right place to sound off and make a point. Only have had to do so once in 3 years and I wasn't alone.
Mile High Ballers
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Fool42 » Tue May 23, 2006 1:00 pm

Quit hi-jacking the thread it was just an example. And yes I would'vebe giving up Verlander, I may be a fool but I'm not a complete idiot.
All of the true things I am about to tell you are shameless lies
Fool42
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: U guys call out bad trade offers publicly in your leagues?

Postby TheYanks04 » Tue May 23, 2006 1:04 pm

SoxAndTheCity wrote:Just curious. When you get a bad offer from another manager, do you ever call them out on it publicly in the league?

Generally not. I am more likely to counter with a just as ludicrous proposal back to the other guy to make my point.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby TheOmen » Tue May 23, 2006 6:18 pm

We're all close friends in my H2H league, so I will from time to time make a comment. However, I don't name the manager, nor do I name the players involved. I do something like this "Please stop making dumb ass trade offers. Thank you." Or, my favorite things to do is fake like there's big demand for one of my players with hopes of soliciting offers. Like -" Hmm, Arod? I'm not insulted by the offer, but I may need another player thrown in to make it happen." Then I watch how many offers I get for Arod.

I can do all of this because we're all long time friends, however, in my roto league, I only know 3 of the 12 owners, so I don't make a peep there.
TheOmen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby p32bars » Tue May 23, 2006 6:26 pm

I just berated my friend on our messageboard after he sent me:

His: Pettitte - Wiggington - Randy Winn

for

My: Chone Figgins - Bonderman - Gomes
p32bars
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor