Hanley Ramirez = NLROY - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Hanley Ramirez = NLROY

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby fantasygeek2006 » Tue May 23, 2006 12:40 am

stevethumb wrote:i gotta say it...i was very,very wrong about hanley...i watched him last summer here in portland and although his talent was apparent, i thought he was too young and inexperienced to have any kind of success (other than SBs) in the ML .. to anyone who took my advice on hanley, i apologize

I wouldnthave :-D . I took him late, late, late in my dynasty draft (247 overall out of 260) and while I didn't imagine his amazing start, I did think he'd be ROY and could steal 30+ bags and hit 15+ hrs. The power is there, its just in the form of doubles right now. The kid's lugging % is thru the roof!
fantasygeek2006
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Tue May 23, 2006 1:43 am

fantasygeek2006 wrote:I wouldnthave :-D . I took him late, late, late in my dynasty draft (247 overall out of 260) and while I didn't imagine his amazing start, I did think he'd be ROY and could steal 30+ bags and hit 15+ hrs. The power is there, its just in the form of doubles right now. The kid's lugging % is thru the roof!

I wouldn't say his SLG% is through the rough at all, it was .481 before tonights game and that isn't saying to much. Most of it is due to his high AVG., as his ISO SLG% is only .150. It's pretty good, but lets say he was hitting .270, it would only be about .430. It's nice, but it's not that good ... Jose Reyes for example has basically the same ISO SLG%.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby WittyC » Tue May 23, 2006 1:51 am

hybrid wrote:
fantasygeek2006 wrote:I wouldnthave :-D . I took him late, late, late in my dynasty draft (247 overall out of 260) and while I didn't imagine his amazing start, I did think he'd be ROY and could steal 30+ bags and hit 15+ hrs. The power is there, its just in the form of doubles right now. The kid's lugging % is thru the roof!

I wouldn't say his SLG% is through the rough at all, it was .481 before tonights game and that isn't saying to much. Most of it is due to his high AVG., as his ISO SLG% is only .150.

I don't care how you slice it, an .850 OPS from a rookie SS is pretty slick. He's been decent in the field as well. However, I don't think Ramirez will keep at this pace, whereas I think Fielder can and will ultimately win the award.

Meanwhile, I think they already started engraving Verlander's name on the trophy over in the AL... :-]
WittyC
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby hybrid » Tue May 23, 2006 1:59 am

Well I was discussing SLG% and how he thought it was really great. I was merely pointing out it's a bit deceiving and why, so I'm not "slicing" it in any way. But yeah his stats right now are very good and I've liked the kid before the season started when most thought he was overrated.

Papelbon might have somethng to say about that ...
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Hotlanta » Tue May 23, 2006 8:11 am

Far too early to judge. Wait for the scouting reports to do their rounds then see how well he adjusts. Good little player though, much better so far than his minor league career would suggest.
Hotlanta
College Coach
College Coach

Postby EugeneStyles » Tue May 23, 2006 10:21 am

more than likely, there will be 3 Marlins in the top 5 for ROY. That's just the way it goes when you sell your entire team for everyone else's farm system.
(taps little picture of a microphone)... is this thing on?
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Yoda » Tue May 23, 2006 10:43 am

If Hanley is producing like this in August, I'd be shocked. He's playing way over expectation offensively IMO.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby jdsun1 » Tue May 23, 2006 11:05 am

Yoda wrote:If Hanley is producing like this in August, I'd be shocked. He's playing way over expectation offensively IMO.

Same goes for Hamels.
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Laean » Tue May 23, 2006 12:04 pm

i think hanley is overperforming a bit. he won't drop off the face of the earth, but he won't hit what, .340 avg? near .900 ops? especially when he doesn't have #s like that in the minors, right? anyone got his #s from the minors?
Laean
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yoda » Tue May 23, 2006 12:07 pm

jdsun1 wrote:
Yoda wrote:If Hanley is producing like this in August, I'd be shocked. He's playing way over expectation offensively IMO.

Same goes for Hamels.

Hamels is playing over his head offensively? :-? :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers