Josh Johnson, SP, Fla, 6'7" 240 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Josh Johnson, SP, Fla, 6'7" 240

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Looks great, but...

Postby fbc_fan » Mon May 29, 2006 6:46 am

savage63073 wrote:It'll be interesting to see how he does during the 2nd half of the year, when the league has had more opportunity to scout him and develop some more strategy for how to hit him. Also, he won't be winning a lot fo games on that team, no matter how well he pitches.

i'm also worried about the league figuring him out the second time through. i have to say that the wins don't really bother me as long as he keeps up the other numbers. the consensus is that he's definetly worth a flier at this point right?
thanks to madison/go_jays_go for the slick sig!
fbc_fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Mets1978 » Tue May 30, 2006 1:28 am

I saw him pitch the Mets game and was very impressed. I've got a roster spot for him... for now...
Mets1978
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue May 30, 2006 1:06 pm

He's tall and big, fastball in the 91-93 range though he can touch 96 but hardly ever do so. Good slider that has downward motion on it that he throws both for strikes and outside the zone for the batter to chase, a good enough change up. The delivery look pretty easy. Guys seems to be swinging late on his fastball, though I don't know why, it's not that fast. Has a problem with walk in the minors, still nibbling a whole lot. His BABIP is rediculously low right now so don't expect his number to stay low. I'd be very happy with a 3.50ERA with a not so good WHIP. Kid does have good stuff(not dominant stuff), he could nibble his way to a good year but I don't see it.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue May 30, 2006 1:07 pm

another thing, unless he suck completely, he'll stay in the rotation the way he has pitched. Vargas has looked horrible so far this year and the only guy ready to step in is Petit right now and I have to believe that Moehler should be the first one getting the boot.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Amazing Oopah » Tue May 30, 2006 2:08 pm

Someone snagged him out of the waiver wire. I was hoping he would drop to the FA list and give him a try out. :-?
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 4)

Previous

Return to Injuries & Player Updates