Alex "6-4-3" Rodriguez Article - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Alex "6-4-3" Rodriguez Article

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby HOOTIE » Tue May 23, 2006 10:55 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:Where's the A-Rod haters tonight? :-?

A-Rod blasts a 3-run homer off Wakefield in the 7th inning. The Yankees win the game 7-5. Seems to me, A-Rod's homerun won tonight's game vs. Boston.

By the way, Oritz popped up with runners on 1st and 2nd the next inning, with an opportunity to tie. Where was the 'clutch' tonight? ;-7

Selective memory.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 297)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Postby da1chipo » Tue May 23, 2006 10:58 pm

BronXBombers51 wrote:The clutch thing with Ortiz was sarcasm. There's no such thing as clutch.

My point is, A-Rod played a vital role in beating the Red Sox tonight. His homerun allowed the Yankees to win the game. These haters say that A-Rod pads his MVP numbers by hitting a bunch of homeruns in blowout games vs. Tampa Bay and never gets any homeruns that mean anything.

Tonight's meant something. So have many of his other homeruns. :-) ;-)

No argument here (though I do hate ARod).

That was sarcasm? ;-7
da1chipo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Award-Winning Graphics Expert

Postby Apollo » Tue May 23, 2006 11:56 pm

A: NO but he makes 25 Million, hits in the 3 or 4 hole and is largely responsible for the ALCS loss in 2004 and the ALDS loss in 2005. Did he have company in the loser's lounge...sure. He was the MOST culpable based on expectationa and salary though. No one expects Posada to carry the team in the 6 or 7 hole. No one expects Cano to carry the team batting 8th or 9th.

0 Hrs and 0 rbis vs Jarrod Washburn and Paul Byrd and other "Cy Young" pitchers from the AL MVP making 25 million? You want to defend that and the garbage he pulled 2004 ALCS games 4-7 leading to the biggest choke in sports history, be my guest. You do not make 25 million to sit there claiming you had good games ALCS 1-3 and as such can excuse stinking up the joint in the next 4 games while your team, largely because of you, chokes at historical levels.

Largely responsible for the loss? I would say, if anything, it's Rivera, who blew those leads. You can pull the "expectations and salary" argument, but that doesn't work here. Rivera has the highest expectations of anyone in the game--everyone knows he's the postseason stud. And A-Rod might get paid more, but this moment right here is what Rivera is paid for. A-Rod is expected to have 3 bad games once in a while (every hitter does), but Rivera doesn't choke in October.

As for last year, A-Rod had something like a .440 OBP in that series with the Angels. He didn't have homers or RBIs because they kept walking him.

Oh, and Jeter's OBP and SLG go down in the playoffs from his regular season numbers. A-Rod's go up.
Apollo
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Strasil42 » Wed May 24, 2006 1:36 am

HOOTIE wrote:
The Kavorka wrote:Why is it that every Yankee fan I know would take Jeter of Arod in a heartbeat?

You don't have to be smart to be a fan.

:-)
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Kavorka » Wed May 24, 2006 9:25 am

I love Mayrod
What are you guys doing?
"Putting on the Foil Coach!"
The Kavorka
Minor League Mentor