What should I do with my team? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

What should I do with my team?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

What should I do with my team?

Postby pittsburghrules » Wed Jul 30, 2003 6:52 pm

I'm in a 12 team Yahoo rotisserie league. Right now I'm in third place in the standings, real close to second but pretty far from 1st. Here's how my stats are right now.
R- 9 HR- 9 RBI- 9 SB- 9 AVG- 2 W- 10 S- 10 K- 8 ERA- 7 WHIP- 3.5

And here's my lineup:
C J. Varitek
1B Ja. Giambi
2B M. Young
SS M. Tejada
3B H. Blalock
OF K. Millar
OF H. Matsui
OF J. Damon
Util M. Ensberg
Bench R. Furcal
Bench M. Cabrera
Bench M. Bradley

SP D. Willis
SP K. Ishii
SP D. Lowe
SP R. Harden
SP R. Oswalt
SP M. Prior DL
RP M. Rivera
RP D. Baez
RP T. Gordon
RP F. Cordero

The best available players are C. Everett, S. Casey, R. Winn, B. Wilkerson, L. Matos, R. Sanders, R. White, E. Durazo, C. Crawford
The best pitchers available are B. Donnelly, R. Franklin, C. Pavano, F. Garcia, J. Lackey, H. Ramirez, K. Lohse, Jer. Williams

Also I was thinking about trading Tejada and Damon for Jeter and B. Williams
pittsburghrules
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Bukoski77 » Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:32 am

Hey man thats an awesome trade and you can contend. Provided your power # leads over the guys behind you arent too precarious take that Jeter/Bernie trade now!!!!!!! Before they come to their senses. You dont need Tejada's power at this point, Damon is going to be hard pressed to move up in the lineup the way Nixon is playing, and Jeter/Williams will definately help you in AVE without hurting your power numbers.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say Garcia will out perform Ishii from here on out. Drop Ishii for him. Ishii is a 2nd half colapser based on last year and the Dodgers seem content to let his arm fall off this year. Also M.Bradley is on your bench, drop him for J. Williams. Williams can help your WHIP just a little against weaker teams, might pay of when Harden faces the tougher hitting AL west teams in the last month of the season.
"Son we would like to keep you around here but were trying to win a pennant this year."
Bukoski77
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby d » Thu Jul 31, 2003 12:45 pm

Pick up Jer. Williams, he can help lower the Whip.
d
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Don't trade for jeter and bernie

Postby Big Dawg » Thu Jul 31, 2003 2:38 pm

If i were you i would trade tejada and damon for another starting pitcher. you need one since oswalt went down with another injury and harden doesn't have much experience. Then you can put furcal in the SS position because he is outplaying tejada anyways. {Furcal - 88 runs, 13 HR, 41 RBI, 17 SB, .281 AVG} {Tejada - 61 runs, 16 HR, 62 RBI, 4 SB, .257 AVG} so get furcal in SS. then you can put m. bradley in for damon because he has a .320 something average and more RBI's than damon which will help you in those categories. {Bradley - 57 runs, 9 HR, 50 RBI, 15 SB, .326 AVG} {Damon - 72 runs, 9 HR, 46, RBI, 20 SB, .267 AVG} the only thing damon has more of is runs and SB but putting furcal in at shortstop will increase both of those categories.
Big Dawg

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team