D-Train doomed? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

D-Train doomed?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

D-Train doomed?

Postby sha » Sun May 21, 2006 11:54 pm

Is there any hope for Willis this season? Seems like a trade would be the best possible scenario for us poor fools that own him. Any more speculation on the Marlins dealing him? Have any of you guys actually watched him throw (I know it must be tough to watch an entire Marlins game)? Can he be as bad as the numbers say he is right now?
sha
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 657
Joined: 10 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon May 22, 2006 8:50 am

He pitched 8 innings and allowed only 2 ER. Not a bad outing, especially with how he'd been pitching. He'll improve, but a better offensive team would be a nice change for owners, though I don't see it happening. You know how that would look? Trading away your only decent pitcher...
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11420
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby jh2031 » Mon May 22, 2006 11:01 am

This post comes after he's pitched 2 complete games and has only given up 2 ER in each of them. Maybe if the offense wouldn't suck so much he'd have back to back wins right about now.
jh2031
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1320
Joined: 17 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon May 22, 2006 11:37 am

jh2031 wrote:This post comes after he's pitched 2 complete games and has only given up 2 ER in each of them. Maybe if the offense wouldn't suck so much he'd have back to back wins right about now.


Yesterday wasn't a complete game, it was 8 IP.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11420
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby jh2031 » Mon May 22, 2006 11:50 am

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
jh2031 wrote:This post comes after he's pitched 2 complete games and has only given up 2 ER in each of them. Maybe if the offense wouldn't suck so much he'd have back to back wins right about now.


Yesterday wasn't a complete game, it was 8 IP.


8 IP on the road with other team leading = complete game

EDIT: I watched the game and he would've been back out in the 9th if he could've been.
jh2031
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1320
Joined: 17 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Mon May 22, 2006 1:02 pm

jh2031 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:
jh2031 wrote:This post comes after he's pitched 2 complete games and has only given up 2 ER in each of them. Maybe if the offense wouldn't suck so much he'd have back to back wins right about now.


Yesterday wasn't a complete game, it was 8 IP.


8 IP on the road with other team leading = complete game

EDIT: I watched the game and he would've been back out in the 9th if he could've been.


Oops. My mistake. ;-)
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11420
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby sha » Tue May 23, 2006 2:15 pm

Sounds like the D-backs are interested but Marlins are saying "no". Other teams may be interested. Maybe the Yanks will pull out so much money the Marlins can't say no. This would be bad for baseball (I hate watching the Yanks throw their money around), but good for my fantasy club.
sha
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 657
Joined: 10 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby jh2031 » Tue May 23, 2006 3:17 pm

sha wrote:Sounds like the D-backs are interested but Marlins are saying "no". Other teams may be interested. Maybe the Yanks will pull out so much money the Marlins can't say no. This would be bad for baseball (I hate watching the Yanks throw their money around), but good for my fantasy club.


No way the Marlins let go of Dontrelle. Why? It's doesn't make sense from a business stand point. He only makes 4.5 million a year. Isn't he signed through 2009? If they make a deal it will be with Arizona because of the minor leaguers they have. No way the Yanks have a shot at him. Not that many great players in their minors. The Marlins said they want 3 top minor league players with very low salaries and are MLB ready...the Dbacks fit that description and maybe the Angels also.
jh2031
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1320
Joined: 17 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Postby WessWackos » Tue May 23, 2006 5:10 pm

jh2031 wrote:This post comes after he's pitched 2 complete games and has only given up 2 ER in each of them. Maybe if the offense wouldn't suck so much he'd have back to back wins right about now.


Exactly

And nice boobs by the way! :-D
WessWackos
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor


Posts: 465
Joined: 16 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football


Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Aug. 1
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Seattle at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Texas at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Colorado at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
LA Angels at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
San Francisco at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Cincinnati at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
NY Yankees at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Minnesota at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Toronto at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Kansas City at Oakland
(9:35 pm)
Pittsburgh at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Chi Cubs at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Atlanta at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact