Will Soriano get traded? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Will Soriano get traded?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Will Soriano get traded?

Postby buminabox » Sun May 21, 2006 9:35 pm

I just traded for Soriano, and i was wondering what the possibility of him being traded is. Considering Washington will more than likely miss the playoffs this year, is there a decent possibility Soriano might get dealt?
buminabox
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby stumpak » Mon May 22, 2006 1:13 pm

Kasten has averred that he will be pursuing a youth strategy. If this is truely the case, he would be an idiot if he did not trade Soriano in July.

The only stupider thing to do would be to not fire Bowden.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Postby dc928 » Mon May 22, 2006 2:00 pm

I say he has to be traded, I mean he ain't comming back next year so they might as well trade him to get something.

I think Angels, Yankees will be very interested. Especially the Angels since they needed a big bat and plus they also have prospects to give.

;-D
dc928
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Slow Pitch » Mon May 22, 2006 2:23 pm

dc928 wrote:I say he has to be traded, I mean he ain't comming back next year so they might as well trade him to get something.

I think Angels, Yankees will be very interested. Especially the Angels since they needed a big bat and plus they also have prospects to give.

;-D

Yep that is exactly what I was thinkin. LAA would be a perfect trading partner for the Nats.

LAA has tons of prospects & some damn good ones to get this deal done by July 1st.
Slow Pitch
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Zito is God » Mon May 22, 2006 5:31 pm

Quote me, I will give you a 100% guarantee that Soriano gets traded.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby TonyCee » Mon May 22, 2006 10:13 pm

I'm just curious, and maybe it's the money (which he's worth) but why wouldn't the new Nationals Owner see this guy as a + to the team/city and try to sign him to a long-term deal? He's a good leadoff hitter also and they need that plus I have him in 2 NL-only leagues so he can't go :~( :-o !+)
TonyCee
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby jayman » Tue May 23, 2006 2:40 am

TonyCee wrote:I'm just curious, and maybe it's the money (which he's worth) but why wouldn't the new Nationals Owner see this guy as a + to the team/city and try to sign him to a long-term deal? He's a good leadoff hitter also and they need that plus I have him in 2 NL-only leagues so he can't go :~( :-o !+)

Uh, where have you been (kidding, joking)?

Remember, they traded for him without asking him if he would from 2nd to OF. Then when he wouldn't move and didn't show up in left they threatened to put him on the unqualified list. It's not that they don't want him. HE DOESN'T WANT THEM - unless they make an offer he can't refuse (which they can't afford to do).

He is so proud to be a second baseman, you think he's going to take a slap in the face from the Nats? Hell will freeze over before he signs with the Nats.
jayman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Phatferd » Tue May 23, 2006 2:43 am

The last thing the Angels need is a .260 hitter.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby noseeum » Tue May 23, 2006 2:44 am

jayman wrote:
TonyCee wrote:I'm just curious, and maybe it's the money (which he's worth) but why wouldn't the new Nationals Owner see this guy as a + to the team/city and try to sign him to a long-term deal? He's a good leadoff hitter also and they need that plus I have him in 2 NL-only leagues so he can't go :~( :-o !+)

Uh, where have you been (kidding, joking)?

Remember, they traded for him without asking him if he would from 2nd to OF. Then when he wouldn't move and didn't show up in left they threatened to put him on the unqualified list. It's not that they don't want him. HE DOESN'T WANT THEM - unless they make an offer he can't refuse (which they can't afford to do).

He is so proud to be a second baseman, you think he's going to take a slap in the face from the Nats? Hell will freeze over before he signs with the Nats.

I wouldn't be so sure. He gave in, which means there's every chance other teams may decide they don't want him at 2B either. And you never know. He may be liking outfield more than he thought he would. I don't know that. I just mean it's a possibility.

If the Yanks tell him "look, we go Cano, but we want you in the outfield," you don't think he'd consider it?
noseeum
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby stumpak » Tue May 23, 2006 7:56 am

I agree with this last post. Long term, I doubt that very many teams would be interested in Soriano at 2B, including the Anaheim Angels.

By the way, the Angels should be (and certainly would be) happy to get a .260 hitter who can hit some HRs.
stumpak
General Manager
General Manager

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers