Do you think Felix will pick it up? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Do you think Felix will pick it up?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Don G. » Mon May 22, 2006 9:05 am

well i have the privelege of being in a points only league so yesterday...even with his balooned up ERA and 7 ER's he got me the win and 9 points :)

that being said, i picked him in the 6th round

why you would ever outright drop him is beyond me but to each their own....
Don G.
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Cobra_Kai » Mon May 22, 2006 9:37 am

I've got him on my staff as well - I would love to just keep him on the bench until he gets his act together, but unfortunately our roster sizes are rediculously small - I just don't have the room for that.

Some clown in my league just dropped Joe Nathan. I put in a waiver claim for him with Felix as the one to drop. If that goes through, I'll be fine with it.

My staff as it is consists of Halladay, Webb, Lackey, Escobar, Liriano, Patterson (DL) and Felix, with Ray and Fuentes as my closers. I need a third closer to be competitive in saves, so here's to it.
Cobra_Kai
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby dc928 » Mon May 22, 2006 3:36 pm

He is a FA in my league.... :-)
dc928
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby mushman05 » Mon May 22, 2006 4:39 pm

As a Felix owner in a fairly deep keeper league, I think a brief minor league stint for a month or so would be more than beneficial right now. I don't know if its mental, physical or freaking spiritual with him right now, all I know is he isn't doing himself any good taking the poundings that he has of late.

And ENOUGH with these ridiculous excuses already from the Mariners organization, the kid was rushed and still needs some grooming....I don't wanna hear about mechanical flaws and tipping pitches!!!

This nonsense spewing from their mouthes is almost Ed Wade-esque :-t
**2006 Summer Bums League Champion**
mushman05
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rib217 » Mon May 22, 2006 5:04 pm

from what i have read about Felix there is some concern that him and his catcher johijima are having a hard time communicating

i read his Japanese catcher is big on the changeup and offspeed stuff while Felix wants to bring the heat, if they can learn to get over the language barrier i think he will be back in form
rib217
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Mr. Baseball » Mon May 22, 2006 8:46 pm

dump him he is not a keeper you can find better on the waiver wire on a weekly basis
Mr. Baseball
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 21)

Postby zevon » Tue May 23, 2006 1:28 pm

rib217 wrote:from what i have read about Felix there is some concern that him and his catcher johijima are having a hard time communicating

i read his Japanese catcher is big on the changeup and offspeed stuff while Felix wants to bring the heat, if they can learn to get over the language barrier i think he will be back in form

I hear the same thing, and notice Felix throwing the change early in the count rather than setting it up with the good fastball.
Rotowire reports he sprained his ankle in the third inning Sunday and didn't say anything until he came out of the game...
I'm still in a quandary about him, I have him and Duke and both need to be on the bench right now. I'm sick of getting lit in ERA and WHIP every single week.
Rest of staff, yeah I know the Pen's weak:

B. Penny
J. Peavy
RP D. Báez
RP T. Jones
M. Timlin (Holds is a cat)
Z. Duke
C. Carpenter
F. Hernández

DL R. Harden

I dunno what to do, I suppose nothing for now is an option.
zevon
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jdsun1 » Tue May 23, 2006 6:45 pm

zevon wrote:
rib217 wrote:from what i have read about Felix there is some concern that him and his catcher johijima are having a hard time communicating

I hear the same thing, and notice Felix throwing the change early in the count rather than setting it up with the good fastball.
Rotowire reports he sprained his ankle in the third inning Sunday and didn't say anything until he came out of the game...
I'm still in a quandary about him, I have him and Duke and both need to be on the bench right now. I'm sick of getting lit in ERA and WHIP every single week.
Rest of staff, yeah I know the Pen's weak:

B. Penny
J. Peavy
RP D. Báez
RP T. Jones
M. Timlin (Holds is a cat)
Z. Duke
C. Carpenter
F. Hernández

DL R. Harden

I dunno what to do, I suppose nothing for now is an option.

Your Pen is weak?? You have Harden Carpenter and Peavy and Penny is playing lgihts out right now. If Felix comes around then you are set.
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby zevon » Tue May 23, 2006 9:35 pm

jdsun - We're looking at the Pen a different way - I'm talking relievers only(Baez, Jones) - like to add a stud closer, Baez not long for the fantasy world.
zevon
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby jdsun1 » Wed May 24, 2006 2:07 am

zevon wrote:jdsun - We're looking at the Pen a different way - I'm talking relievers only(Baez, Jones) - like to add a stud closer, Baez not long for the fantasy world.

I see. Well hopefully you can get a Stud rookie coming up or get Bonser for the meantime. As for your relievers keep an eye on Guardado and Coffey.

Liriano going against Hernandez by the way this friday. I got both hopefully its a low scoring affair.
jdsun1
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Injuries & Player Updates