Sheets update: to undergo MRI - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Sheets update: to undergo MRI

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sheets update: to undergo MRI

Postby The Big Train » Sun May 21, 2006 7:09 pm

Nothing exciting here, but will be worth seeing what the results are to get some idea of when he might be back.

From ESPN.com:

MILWAUKEE -- Brewers pitcher Ben Sheets will have an MRI on his right shoulder to evaluate whether he is making progress from the tendinitis that has plagued him.

Sheets, who was put on the disabled list May 10, retroactive to May 3, did not fly to Cincinnati with the rest of the Milwaukee Brewers after Sunday's 5-3 win over Minnesota at Miller Park.

He has played catch three times since being placed on the DL, but has not thrown from a mound.

"I've noticed a little improvement in the last couple of days," Sheets said Sunday. "Normally, with this, when I've had it in the past, there's going to be a day when there's a big jump."

Manager Ned Yost said Sheets likely would join the team at some point during their 10-game road trip.

"He's making progress, but the doctors wanted to have an MRI to see where he's at," Yost said. "It's nothing out of the ordinary."
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Sheets update: to undergo MRI

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Sun May 21, 2006 7:14 pm

The Big Train wrote:Nothing exciting here, but will be worth seeing what the results are to get some idea of when he might be back.

From ESPN.com:

MILWAUKEE -- Brewers pitcher Ben Sheets will have an MRI on his right shoulder to evaluate whether he is making progress from the tendinitis that has plagued him.

Sheets, who was put on the disabled list May 10, retroactive to May 3, did not fly to Cincinnati with the rest of the Milwaukee Brewers after Sunday's 5-3 win over Minnesota at Miller Park.

He has played catch three times since being placed on the DL, but has not thrown from a mound.

"I've noticed a little improvement in the last couple of days," Sheets said Sunday. "Normally, with this, when I've had it in the past, there's going to be a day when there's a big jump."

Manager Ned Yost said Sheets likely would join the team at some point during their 10-game road trip.

"He's making progress, but the doctors wanted to have an MRI to see where he's at," Yost said. "It's nothing out of the ordinary."

Actually, that sounds very encouraging. Nice find BT! ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Don G. » Sun May 21, 2006 7:22 pm

yep..very nice find indeed...thanks for posting this...very encouraging
Don G.
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby spacehamster01 » Sun May 21, 2006 9:04 pm

I hope that "big jump" day comes REALLY soon
spacehamster01
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby K_Zone » Mon May 22, 2006 3:31 pm

i hope so too, i traded helton for him right before sheets went on the DL, the guys in my league said i got ripped off cause sheets was going to the DL , but we know what kind of pitcher he is when he is healthy.
~Keep it in the K Zone~
K_Zone
College Coach
College Coach

Postby HasteTheDay » Mon May 22, 2006 3:32 pm

That doesnt matter though, as it seems hes on the DL more then when hes playing.
HasteTheDay
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Loveable Losers » Mon May 22, 2006 5:10 pm

From Rotowire:

Sheets (shoulder tendinitis) had an MRI done on Monday that showed no structural damage.

Sheets will continue to rehab his shoulder, but there is no timeline for his return to the Brewers.

Good news. I hope they keep him on the shelf until he is 100% completely healthy, take their time getting him back up to speed and then unleash a healthy Sheets on the league. Even if that takes until the ASB I'll take half a season of a healthy Sheets over 2/3 of a season of one with a hurt shoulder. ;-D
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby mikhayl » Mon May 22, 2006 5:17 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:From Rotowire:

Sheets (shoulder tendinitis) had an MRI done on Monday that showed no structural damage.

Sheets will continue to rehab his shoulder, but there is no timeline for his return to the Brewers.

Good news. I hope they keep him on the shelf until he is 100% completely healthy, take their time getting him back up to speed and then unleash a healthy Sheets on the league. Even if that takes until the ASB I'll take half a season of a healthy Sheets over 2/3 of a season of one with a hurt shoulder. ;-D

Awesome scoop and even awesomer news ;-D

If it's really just a sore shoulder keeping him on the DL, maybe a little Vagisil would help.
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon May 22, 2006 8:08 pm

Great news. ;-D I agree. I hope the Brewers don't rush him until he's clearly good to go.

It's kinda like the Old Cafe - http://fbc2.freeforums.net
The Artful Dodger
Chief Wikitect
Chief Wikitect

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 670)

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue May 23, 2006 8:34 am

From Yahoo:
May 22 The Associated Press reports Milwaukee Brewers SP Ben Sheets (shoulder) had an MRI reveal his right shoulder is structurally sound. He's expected to rejoin the team Tuesday, May 23, but there's not a timetable for his return yet.

I'm not a doctor, but I like the sound of that. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates