freddy sanchez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

freddy sanchez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

freddy sanchez

Postby kljsoccer18 » Sat May 20, 2006 10:45 pm

this guy has been on fire lately and is currently batting third in the pirates lineup, but joe randa should be coming back soon and he might take over sanchez's starting position

does anyone have any information on this situation?
is sanchez worth a pickup in the long term or only as a short term player?
kljsoccer18
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TarzanFainberg » Sun May 21, 2006 12:31 am

If you have an expendable player, I'd say pick him up with thought in mind that Sanchez could be sitting the bench again when Randa gets back.

As a Pirates fan, I've been questioning the signing of Randa since the beginning. Sanchez was/is a productive player and I was pissed to see the Pirates sign an over the hill vetern for 3B.

Sanchez SHOULD be an everyday starter but the Buccos will have to justify them signing a high priced player.

For these reasons I haven't picked him up yet and he's still available in my 12 team league.
TarzanFainberg Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby timozbuck » Sun May 21, 2006 1:56 pm

I'm a Pirates fan as well and Randa will most likely be the starter when he's healthy. A local TV show had Littlefield on and he said "Randa is our starter." This makes no sense as Randa is washed up and Sanchez has been playing well.

Personally, I think Sanchez will be entrenched as the starter in a few months due to either: 1. Lack of production from Randa. 2. Enormous fan support for Sanchez. 3. Randa traded at or near deadline.
timozbuck Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 4)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates