McCann blasted - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

McCann blasted

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

McCann blasted

Postby flooredyas » Sat May 20, 2006 10:40 pm

Az. Eric Byrnes slammed into him on a play at the plate. 1st look is either an ankle or knee. Does look bad. Had to be helped off the field.
flooredyas
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chris_dubyuh » Sun May 21, 2006 2:12 am

Are we seeing a trend here? Last year Johnny Estrada was blown up by Erstad at the plate, now this???
chris_dubyuh
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye

Postby SeovyeQuirsefron » Sun May 21, 2006 4:39 am

I think we are seeing a trend -- one that's been going on for a hundred years+. Home plate collisions are part of the game.

You should have seen Dave Parker go into Steve Yeager many years ago. Parker, who probably could have played linebacker in the NFL, hit the flat-footed Yeager straight on at full speed. Yeager held the ball ... and was out for two weeks.
A baseball fan has the digestive apparatus of a billy goat. He can, and does, devour any set of diamond statistics with insatiable appetite and then nuzzles hungrily for more. ~Arthur Daley
SeovyeQuirsefron
College Coach
College Coach

Postby diamondbum » Sun May 21, 2006 11:50 am

And don't forget what Prince Fielder did to Todd Greene a couple of weeks ago. I just kept watching that over and over and was amazed that he didn't get any more hurt than he did.
diamondbum
College Coach
College Coach

Postby chris_dubyuh » Sun May 21, 2006 12:25 pm

SeovyeQuirsefron wrote:I think we are seeing a trend -- one that's been going on for a hundred years+. Home plate collisions are part of the game.

You should have seen Dave Parker go into Steve Yeager many years ago. Parker, who probably could have played linebacker in the NFL, hit the flat-footed Yeager straight on at full speed. Yeager held the ball ... and was out for two weeks.

Well, yes. I was just referring to Johnny Estrada's season-ending injury but now that doesn't seem to be the case for McCann.
chris_dubyuh
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Eagle Eye

the most famous one of all...

Postby savage63073 » Sun May 21, 2006 12:45 pm

Pete Rose running over Ray Fosse in an all-start game back in the early 70's. Fosse was never the same player.

Please rate my team (WHIR):
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1469842#1469842

"It rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again"
savage63073 Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Re: the most famous one of all...

Postby SeovyeQuirsefron » Sun May 21, 2006 3:39 pm

savage63073 wrote:Pete Rose running over Ray Fosse in an all-start game back in the early 70's. Fosse was never the same player.

Yep. This one was wrong. And although you gotta admire Pete's hustle generally, this shouldn't have happened in a meaningless All-Star game.
A baseball fan has the digestive apparatus of a billy goat. He can, and does, devour any set of diamond statistics with insatiable appetite and then nuzzles hungrily for more. ~Arthur Daley
SeovyeQuirsefron
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Injuries & Player Updates