Oh man Barbaro... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Oh man Barbaro...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue May 23, 2006 12:27 am

acsguitar wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
knapplc wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Ok Im tired of hearing about the horse now.

Oh no the horse is gonna die.

You know what I don't care. its a horse I don't need to hear about it constantly on every freaking channel all the time.

Boomer gave a somber "our prayers are with you" thing on ESPN. ITS A HORSE GOOD GOD!

They poo on the street, they smell, they are big and scary and ugly and stupid. They run fast wooo.

How many horses die each day...wait how many people die each day. this is soo stupid stop it with the horse!!!

Is a horse better then a cow? We eat like 50000 cows a day here in america and now one is like aww poor cow.

SHUTUP ABOUT THE STUPID PONY

If I have to hear about this for the next 3 months I'm gonna go Arod and start a choking spree.

OH yea and another note for the media. Mining Cave inn's have been happening for like 3000 years. Its not news just because there was an entertaining story. I don't have to hear about every mining cave in in the entire world.


8-o




This just in!! ACS has issues!!!!

Film at 11!









j/k :-D


Seriously I think we can stop worrying about a horse. Dogs are smarter then them. The only reason people want him to live is so he can hump another horse and make rich racing babies.


we get it. your cool and horses are not. why not just leave the thread and go write about fat lesbians.


Well actually I don't mind horses that much, although they do freak me out a bit, but its kinda sad they are trying to keep the poor thing alive and risk it horrible suffering so they can stud it.

Thats uncool IMO. But still it doesn't need to be the main headline on every news site/sports site


theyre trying to save it because it's champion horse who means a great deal to the sport. the last thing horse racing wants is its biggest star to die on its biggest stage.

i dont believe this is all about money either. to see the greatest horse going, completely breakdown is pretty tough to watch and comprehend.
Image
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 3757
Joined: 16 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Throwing rocks at The Cubby Bear.

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue May 23, 2006 8:27 am

The Miner Part 2 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
The Miner Part 2 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
knapplc wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Ok Im tired of hearing about the horse now.

Oh no the horse is gonna die.

You know what I don't care. its a horse I don't need to hear about it constantly on every freaking channel all the time.

Boomer gave a somber "our prayers are with you" thing on ESPN. ITS A HORSE GOOD GOD!

They poo on the street, they smell, they are big and scary and ugly and stupid. They run fast wooo.

How many horses die each day...wait how many people die each day. this is soo stupid stop it with the horse!!!

Is a horse better then a cow? We eat like 50000 cows a day here in america and now one is like aww poor cow.

SHUTUP ABOUT THE STUPID PONY

If I have to hear about this for the next 3 months I'm gonna go Arod and start a choking spree.

OH yea and another note for the media. Mining Cave inn's have been happening for like 3000 years. Its not news just because there was an entertaining story. I don't have to hear about every mining cave in in the entire world.


8-o




This just in!! ACS has issues!!!!

Film at 11!









j/k :-D


Seriously I think we can stop worrying about a horse. Dogs are smarter then them. The only reason people want him to live is so he can hump another horse and make rich racing babies.


we get it. your cool and horses are not. why not just leave the thread and go write about fat lesbians.


Well actually I don't mind horses that much, although they do freak me out a bit, but its kinda sad they are trying to keep the poor thing alive and risk it horrible suffering so they can stud it.

Thats uncool IMO. But still it doesn't need to be the main headline on every news site/sports site


theyre trying to save it because it's champion horse who means a great deal to the sport. the last thing horse racing wants is its biggest star to die on its biggest stage.

i dont believe this is all about money either. to see the greatest horse going, completely breakdown is pretty tough to watch and comprehend.


It's not about money at all. They made out very well with the insurance. The people attempting to save Barbaro's life understand he won't be able to be studded out for some time, if ever. I heard, for some reason, they cannot artificially insiminate (sp?) race horses. They have to do it the old fashion way, apparently, and with that bad ankle, Barbaro won't be able to mount anytime soon. They're attempting to save his life because, in the world of horse racing, he's a champion. A legend almost, because he won the biggest horse race, the Kentucky Derby and had a legitimate shot at the Triple Crown. I enjoy hunting, so I'm definitely not an animal rights wacko by any means, but Barbaro is more than just "another horse".
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11420
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby knapplc » Tue May 23, 2006 8:51 am

acsguitar wrote:
knapplc wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Ok Im tired of hearing about the horse now.

Oh no the horse is gonna die.

You know what I don't care. its a horse I don't need to hear about it constantly on every freaking channel all the time.

Boomer gave a somber "our prayers are with you" thing on ESPN. ITS A HORSE GOOD GOD!

They poo on the street, they smell, they are big and scary and ugly and stupid. They run fast wooo.

How many horses die each day...wait how many people die each day. this is soo stupid stop it with the horse!!!

Is a horse better then a cow? We eat like 50000 cows a day here in america and now one is like aww poor cow.

SHUTUP ABOUT THE STUPID PONY

If I have to hear about this for the next 3 months I'm gonna go Arod and start a choking spree.

OH yea and another note for the media. Mining Cave inn's have been happening for like 3000 years. Its not news just because there was an entertaining story. I don't have to hear about every mining cave in in the entire world.


8-o




This just in!! ACS has issues!!!!

Film at 11!









j/k :-D


Seriously I think we can stop worrying about a horse. Dogs are smarter then them. The only reason people want him to live is so he can hump another horse and make rich racing babies.

So since dolphins are smarter than dogs we can stop worrying about dogs? And since chimps are smarter than dolphins we can stop worrying about dolphins, too? It's a heirarchy of intelligence, and if you're not at the pinnacle we shouldn't care, is that it?

If that's the case then all the Mensa members are going to be awfully lonely when all the rest of us are left to die. :-D
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Posts: 7870
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's "ell see." ELL SEE!!!

Postby acsguitar » Tue May 23, 2006 11:14 am

knapplc wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
knapplc wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Ok Im tired of hearing about the horse now.

Oh no the horse is gonna die.

You know what I don't care. its a horse I don't need to hear about it constantly on every freaking channel all the time.

Boomer gave a somber "our prayers are with you" thing on ESPN. ITS A HORSE GOOD GOD!

They poo on the street, they smell, they are big and scary and ugly and stupid. They run fast wooo.

How many horses die each day...wait how many people die each day. this is soo stupid stop it with the horse!!!

Is a horse better then a cow? We eat like 50000 cows a day here in america and now one is like aww poor cow.

SHUTUP ABOUT THE STUPID PONY

If I have to hear about this for the next 3 months I'm gonna go Arod and start a choking spree.

OH yea and another note for the media. Mining Cave inn's have been happening for like 3000 years. Its not news just because there was an entertaining story. I don't have to hear about every mining cave in in the entire world.


8-o




This just in!! ACS has issues!!!!

Film at 11!









j/k :-D


Seriously I think we can stop worrying about a horse. Dogs are smarter then them. The only reason people want him to live is so he can hump another horse and make rich racing babies.

So since dolphins are smarter than dogs we can stop worrying about dogs? And since chimps are smarter than dolphins we can stop worrying about dolphins, too? It's a heirarchy of intelligence, and if you're not at the pinnacle we shouldn't care, is that it?

If that's the case then all the Mensa members are going to be awfully lonely when all the rest of us are left to die. :-D


Just because he's a fast horse doesn't make him any more important then any other horse or animal for that reason. Wow he won the Kentucky derby and had a chance at the triple crown. i've been hearing that about every Derby horse for 25 years
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby knapplc » Tue May 23, 2006 11:29 am

acsguitar wrote: Just because he's a fast horse doesn't make him any more important then any other horse or animal for that reason. Wow he won the Kentucky derby and had a chance at the triple crown. i've been hearing that about every Derby horse for 25 years


But you're ignoring his value. I personally have no interest in diamongs or gold. I think they're way overhyped and I just don't see why anyone would care to have them - they're just shiny rocks and metal. However, I do recognize that they have value, and because of that value I would never blithely toss them away if you gave them to me.

It's the same with Barbaro. He's more than "just a horse," he has genes that could potentially breed a whole generation of fine racehorses. If you were to inherit Barbaro, would you just let him die or would you try to save his life so he could go to stud? Stud fees for Afleet Alex, last year's Preakness and Belmont winner, is currently $40,000 per session, and he can go to stud several times a season.

That's why they're trying to save his life. He is potentially worth millions in stud fees over the next several years, and his progeny could account for the future of champion horseracing.
Keep wreves in General Talk in 2011!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGolden Eagle Eye
Posts: 7870
Joined: 27 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: It's "ell see." ELL SEE!!!

Postby acsguitar » Tue May 23, 2006 1:11 pm

knapplc wrote: Stud fees for Afleet Alex, last year's Preakness and Belmont winner, is currently $40,000 per session, and he can go to stud several times a season.


What a pimp!

Anyways I just don't wanna hear about it on every channel i turn to.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Tue May 23, 2006 1:22 pm

acsguitar wrote:
knapplc wrote: Stud fees for Afleet Alex, last year's Preakness and Belmont winner, is currently $40,000 per session, and he can go to stud several times a season.


What a pimp!

Anyways I just don't wanna hear about it on every channel i turn to.


They're probably not discussing it on Lifetime acs. Go there. :-b
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 11420
(Past Year: 6)
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Postby acsguitar » Tue May 23, 2006 1:33 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
knapplc wrote: Stud fees for Afleet Alex, last year's Preakness and Belmont winner, is currently $40,000 per session, and he can go to stud several times a season.


What a pimp!

Anyways I just don't wanna hear about it on every channel i turn to.


They're probably not discussing it on Lifetime acs. Go there. :-b


They might be I wouldn't be surprised. As for the horse I see why people care so much but I don't think its top news
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue May 23, 2006 1:35 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
acsguitar wrote:
knapplc wrote: Stud fees for Afleet Alex, last year's Preakness and Belmont winner, is currently $40,000 per session, and he can go to stud several times a season.


What a pimp!

Anyways I just don't wanna hear about it on every channel i turn to.


They're probably not discussing it on Lifetime acs. Go there. :-b


yeah, you can watch it with your Lesbian friends :-b
Image
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 10225
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue May 23, 2006 1:46 pm

knapplc wrote:If that's the case then all the Mensa members are going to be awfully lonely when all the rest of us are left to die. :-D


We already are. It's tough to find someone to talk to who can comprehend the brilliant stuff we say.
Art Vandelay
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5265
Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: assiquate and 6 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Aug. 1
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Seattle at Baltimore
(7:05 pm)
Texas at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Philadelphia at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Colorado at Detroit
(7:08 pm)
LA Angels at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
San Francisco at NY Mets
(7:10 pm)
Cincinnati at Miami
(7:10 pm)
indoors
NY Yankees at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Minnesota at Chi White Sox
(8:10 pm)
Toronto at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Milwaukee at St. Louis
(8:15 pm)
Kansas City at Oakland
(9:35 pm)
Pittsburgh at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
Chi Cubs at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)
Atlanta at San Diego
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact