MLB 2K6 - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Video Games

MLB 2K6

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby avsfan4ever33 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:21 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:
avsfan4ever33 wrote:1) Slow reaction time (ties into the 2nd one teddy ballgame referred to)
2) Automatically rounding 1st base. Its a pain online, so thats why you have to join leagues that don't allow it.

What don't the leagues allow? Throwing those guys out? You can press the R trigger as they're running to first and they won't round the base.

Leagues usually have rules against throwing a guy out there, using exploits, etc. If you play just a regular online game it is likely to happen.
avsfan4ever33
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby StudentOfTheGame » Mon Jul 10, 2006 6:14 am

MLB 06: The Show is one of the best baseball video games I've ever played...I loved MVP 2005 too, but The Show has alot better graphics and the hitting and pitching is way more realistic aside from the 5 wild pitches you throw a game....If anyone has this game and plays online I would love a challenge.
StudentOfTheGame
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby teddy ballgame » Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:01 am

avsfan4ever33 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:
avsfan4ever33 wrote:1) Slow reaction time (ties into the 2nd one teddy ballgame referred to)
2) Automatically rounding 1st base. Its a pain online, so thats why you have to join leagues that don't allow it.

What don't the leagues allow? Throwing those guys out? You can press the R trigger as they're running to first and they won't round the base.

Leagues usually have rules against throwing a guy out there, using exploits, etc. If you play just a regular online game it is likely to happen.

Yeah but all you have to do is press the R trigger when they're running up the line. They run through first instead of rounding.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sportsguy138 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 3:09 pm

i got it a little while ago.. pretty cool.. i put it very hard so my record is something like 13-12 or something with the jays.. sometimes the fielding SUCKSSSSS!!!!!!!! though.. really pisses me off sometimes.. oh well not that bad.
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 388)

Postby sportsguy138 » Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:14 pm

ive been playin this for a couple weeks..

and ive been takin my pitchers until their pretty low in their stamina.. like 10% or lower.. and i really dont think im doing the right thing.. cause after the rotation.. their still not at 100%?!? so id like to see what you guys are doing? how long are you keeping your pitchers in? and if its only till 20/ 30 or somethin.. their probably leaving really early in the game.. anyways let me know! thanks
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby teddy ballgame » Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:09 pm

sportsguy138 wrote:ive been playin this for a couple weeks..

and ive been takin my pitchers until their pretty low in their stamina.. like 10% or lower.. and i really dont think im doing the right thing.. cause after the rotation.. their still not at 100%?!? so id like to see what you guys are doing? how long are you keeping your pitchers in? and if its only till 20/ 30 or somethin.. their probably leaving really early in the game.. anyways let me know! thanks

I go for a complete game every time. I'm one of those people that screw themselves in the game because I'm so caught up with the stats. But it will take a few days for a pitcher to get back up to 100%, because they don't want you just throw your ace during every game of the season. Are you sure after 5 days it's still not back up to 100? 'Cause like I said, I go way past 0% and can pitch with the same guy like 3 or 4 days later.
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby sportsguy138 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:09 pm

yeah.. i just went through a full rotation.. and halladay (now pitching) started at 96%.. i mean its not terrible.. but as you said.. your able to do it on three days rest.. :-?

maybe something with the settings
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby bleach168 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:55 pm

teddy ballgame wrote:

I go for a complete game every time. I'm one of those people that screw themselves in the game because I'm so caught up with the stats. But it will take a few days for a pitcher to get back up to 100%, because they don't want you just throw your ace during every game of the season. Are you sure after 5 days it's still not back up to 100? 'Cause like I said, I go way past 0% and can pitch with the same guy like 3 or 4 days later.

Dusty Baker? Is that you?
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby teddy ballgame » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:21 pm

bleach168 wrote:
teddy ballgame wrote:

Dusty Baker? Is that you?

I can't deny it. I screw myself over all the time because of it too. But hey...there aren't any real injry risks this way at least...unlike with Dusty doing it to REAL PEOPLE. ;-7 O:-)

It happens to me in Madden too. I get down to the goal line and I start thinking I need the TD with a certain guy...either a RB or WR, and then I wind up not scoring because I try to get it to a certain guy every time. !+)
teddy ballgame
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby sportsguy138 » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:48 am

i think my problem was.. when i made the level harder to play at.. the fatigue also went up.. i just brought it down so it didnt affect my pitchers as much ;-D
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Previous

Return to Video Games