Am I in it to Win IT???? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Am I in it to Win IT???? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Am I in it to Win IT???? WHIR

Postby Deeznutz » Sat May 20, 2006 12:34 pm

I'm curious on your opinions of my team. I think I need to make a trade, but I'm not sure what to trade for. Some say I need pitching, but I think my pitching actually looks good. The worst starter I have is Felix at this point. Some say I should probably sell high on Swisher and Holliday, but don't you guys think they are going to keep it up?

Please give me comments on my team, positive or negative. If I have to...who on my team should I be selling high to buy low. Your help is much appreciated and I thank all of you in advance!

H2H League 10 team (70 Move max 58 left!!!)
C: V-Mart
1B: R.Howard
2B: M.Lowell
3B: E. Encarnacion
SS: Tejada
OF: Swisher
OF: J.Bay
OF: C.Beltran
Util: Holliday
BN: A.Ramirez
BN: M.Giles

SP: F.Hernandez
SP: Pettitte
RP: C.Cordero
RP: A.Otsuka
P: F. Liriano
P: Benitez
P: Haren
BN: Escobar
BN: Kazmir
BN: C.Young

DL: N.Lowry, D.Lee

STATS
BA: R, H, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI, SB, BB, AVG.

P: W, L, SV, ER, BB, K, ERA, WHIP, K/9

Trade Completed!!!
I get:
Beltran
Bay
R.Howard

I give:
Gibbons
Thome
Papelbon
Deeznutz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Halo Homers » Sat May 20, 2006 1:26 pm

I think your pitching is fine. Ks are pretty important in your league. Its actully two categories Ks and k/9, and you stocked yourself with some big time K pitchers (Kazmir, King Felix, Escobar, Liriano). Nice job there.

Hitting is where I would concentrate. Ops is not a cagetory, but it might as well be, with BB, 2b, and 3b in there. You have power, but also guys that will not have a high Ops.

I would sell high on Swisher, and try to pick up a high Ops guy like B. Giles or Berkman. A cheap guys to consider would be Overbay and G. Anderson. Overbay batting 5th for Toronto, a nice 2b hitter. Perhaps Garrett Anderson, although he's got injury issues.

Thanks for the help on mine.
Halo Homers
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 48)

Postby ShadyChrs » Sat May 20, 2006 1:44 pm

Since your league uses Losses, BB's, and ER's, it doesn't help to run a lots of pitchers out there each week. Also, Saves are generally less important with added categories. Your league also rewards ensuring that you never miss a day with your position players, as even mediocre hitters will provide offense and can only hurt you in BA. Your currently carrying 4 mediocre closers who really only help in a couple spots.

I would try to condense your ptiching staff, offering up two for ones and using the empty roster spots on extra multi-postion players. By using fewer, quality starters and closers you'll cut out your negative stats and the extra postion players will ensure that you have a player playing in each postion almost every day.
ShadyChrs
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby The Big Papi » Sat May 20, 2006 3:49 pm

I think your offense is pretty good from top to bottom. You seem to have everything covered in that lineup, good work.

Your pitching worries me a bit, it does have the potential to put together a great year, but also a rocky up and down year. I would try and sell a couple of them to get a more proven number 1 to help anchor your staff.

If you do that, you have a great chance of winning it.
The Big Papi
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BigDonkey44 » Sat May 20, 2006 7:01 pm

Your team is legit and easily could win your league. Your hitting is really solid, and doesn't need much tweaking. Your pitching is also good, but a lot of the talent on the team is not proven (Kazmir, Liriano,King Felix). Maybe try to get a Buehrle type pitcher who your can count on? I don't know though, I wouldn't try to mess around w/your team too much.

I would try to sell high for Swisher but not Holliday. I might be biased b/c I have HOlliday on my team but he hit 19 bombs in only 125 games last year, so his offensive explosion was sort of predictable. Swigher though...I just don't see him being a huge producer for an entire year.
BigDonkey44
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby redsox2110 » Sat May 20, 2006 9:50 pm

well if you didnt make that trade (the paps trade) id say you might have some problems, but you ripped him off bigtime in the deal, your team looks very solid, def sell swisher now

help me out
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=205018
redsox2110
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby twistedude » Sat May 20, 2006 9:59 pm

First off, great trade! You'll be reaping the rewards on beltran/bay/howard all season long with dominant power #'s. I like your offense, solid at every spot with some good backup options too. You could use a lights out closer to replace Paps, but I wouldn't sell the farm to get one. Maybe try dangling Swisher or Holliday for BJ Ryan? Otherwise, I'm not too keen on selling Swisher or Holliday as I think they'll be solid throughout the year (35 HR territory for both).

Thanks for your help w/mine.
twistedude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Fantasy Kid 27 » Sun May 21, 2006 3:08 pm

WOw!!!! Thats a great trade Bay Howard and Beltran are awesome. I think u need another pitcher. Your staff worries me a bit also. Maybe trade Aramis Ramirez for a top pitcher from a team in need of a third baseman
Mets in 07!!!!
Fantasy Kid 27
College Coach
College Coach

Postby diamondbum » Sun May 21, 2006 5:00 pm

The way your scoring works, you would definately do better with a couple of aces, that a bunch of "good pitchers". Yeah, I would go after guys like Peavy, Pedro, Burhle who are reliable, solid, and get you the K's that you need. You've done a pretty good job so far, but I would try to add one stud to that rotation.
diamondbum
College Coach
College Coach

Postby del2248 » Sun May 21, 2006 5:13 pm

nice trades, I'd strengthen your staff a bit more though
del2248
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team