Thoughts on my power team? whir always! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Thoughts on my power team? whir always!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Thoughts on my power team? whir always!

Postby twistedude » Sat May 20, 2006 11:43 am

I'd like to hear what y'all think of my team. I've done a few trades and alot of waiver wire tinkering along the way, and I like what I have now. There is still room for improvement, and I'd like your suggestions as to where I can improve.

League: 12 team roto, C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, IF, OF, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL

Stats counted: R, H, HR, RBI, SB, CS, E, FPCT, AVG, W, SV, K, SVOP, ERA, WHIP, K/BB, K/9

2 RECENT TRADES:

#1: I traded F. Lopez + D. Lowe for J. Bay and N. Lowry
#2: I traded R. Weeks for J. Lugo

MY ROSTER

C - J. Willingham
1B - M. Teixeira
2B - C. Utley
3B - M. Ensberg
SS - J. Lugo
IF - R. Howard
OF - C. Beltrán
OF - M. Holliday
OF - T. Hunter
OF - J. Bay
UTIL - Lowell
BN - P. Feliz
BN - A. Huff

C. Carpenter
J. Lackey
D. Bush
J. Nathan
C. Cordero
A. Benítez
A. Otsuka
F. Liriano
N. Lowry
T. Coffey
J. Verlander

BEST NAMES ON WW:

M. Ellis
R. Zimmerman
F. Sanchez
P. Nevin

Z. Duke
L. Hernandez
M. Cain
T. Saito
O. Villarreal
C. Park
C. Wang
J. Pinero
M. Clement
twistedude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 37)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rentz » Sat May 20, 2006 12:04 pm

good team... a bigger bat for your util position would be good....but theres not a good option on the fa wire.
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby shappy » Sat May 20, 2006 12:15 pm

lowell has seemed to turned it around since last year...having him at util is not a bad option, but it would be nicer to have a more productive hitter at that position, i really like your infield and your outfield is stacked with that addition of bay..he should turn it around, your SP is a bit thin after the top two or so, but i dont know how you have been fairing each week, you probably have good k/bb, and k/9 numbers

check my team out:
http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/v ... p?t=206027

I have bad luck when it comes to signatures that the person either gets traded or hurt...in this case I hope he gets traded.
shappy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby twistedude » Sat May 20, 2006 3:11 pm

Thanks for the responses so far, they are appreciated.

I think the power in my team is dominant, speed is ok although losing Lopez hurts there. I'm still hoping for 30+ SB's from Lugo though, and I'm happy I got him for Weeks since I have enough 2B's already.

As you guys have mentioned, quality in my pitching staff is one thing that I lack. My ratios are ok, but I lack wins and saves. I was mulling over a Willingham for Jenks trade but I doubt the other owner is going to bite. Was getting Lowry for Lowe an upgrade even?

I'm thinking I'll just stand pat for a while and scout the waiver wire for breakout pitching. If Liriano turns out to be good this year, I'll be decent (but still lacking in wins).

thoughts?
twistedude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Deeznutz » Sat May 20, 2006 3:45 pm

I think the best thing you can do is to stand pat. you have a good team, a good combination of competing in every category. You won't get a tons of Wins or Saves, but those are only two categories. Its tough to win them all. As long as you're not on the bottom in those categories you'll stay competitive for the top. That's what I think....

Help?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=206911
Deeznutz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby redsox2110 » Sat May 20, 2006 9:54 pm

heres what i would do, trade utley, you can move lowell to second (he qualifes in yahoo leagues). Trade utley for an ace, pedro, carpenter, or throw in someone else and go for santana

help me out
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=205018
redsox2110
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby dchild » Sun May 21, 2006 3:02 am

im not a big fan of t.hunter. with that being said, you can possibly package him up with a pitcher, possibly bush or benitez, and see if you can get an ace out of it. atleast, start a trading relationship with a few other owners, see if someone can bite. hunter gives you numbers a few of your other players already give you, minus the team/super streakiness.

i like to do the 2 for 1 thing so, just my opinion

Good Luck
dchild
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby diamondbum » Sun May 21, 2006 12:10 pm

I don't think I would move Willingham just yet. As has been mentioned, you could use a little help at your 3 and 4 SP spots. I think that trading Utley for a stud is a good idea, but make sure that you get enough for him. He has a very high trade value, and you'd be losing a little at 2B with Lowell, but not that much. I guess I just tend to value hitters more than pitchers in general because they can contribute everyday.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=207198
diamondbum
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team