Sabathia = Not enough credit? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sabathia = Not enough credit?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Sun May 21, 2006 5:48 pm

giants! wrote:
jondunc wrote:I'll give you Santana, Peavy, and maybe Zambrano. CC is a better pitcher than Prior, Beckett, and Harden though IMO.

Santana better than Harden and Prior?

Ummm yeah? Santana isn't better than them?
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yoda » Mon May 22, 2006 6:24 pm

My new nickname for CC = Big Nasty... :-D
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Philly Pride » Mon May 22, 2006 8:41 pm

giants! wrote:
jondunc wrote:I'll give you Santana, Peavy, and maybe Zambrano. CC is a better pitcher than Prior, Beckett, and Harden though IMO.

Santana's probably the best pitcher in the league, dude. Prior blows and Harden's filthy, but only when he's not nursing his injuries.
Philly Pride
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Yoda » Wed May 24, 2006 5:39 pm

Back to back complete game by our big friend (shut out this time). He looked really good out there. He was in complete control with only two base runners reaching second base. Didn't fall behind too much or walk anyone... Slowly establishing himself as one of the best pitchers in baseball.
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby AT » Wed May 24, 2006 5:52 pm

I love C.C. and own him in a couple leagues and have actively tried to acquire him in the others. Loved his value in drafts this year and always have. He's certainly underrated... HOWEVER

if he matures into his stuff we could be overlooking one of, if not the greatest, pitchers his age.

Don't get ahead of yourself. I know we love greatness and superlatives but let's not start blah blahing each others' blahs just yet.
AT
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed May 24, 2006 6:49 pm

OK...I want to know who told CC he was Roger Clemens and is keeping him away from Micky D's? Since I do not own him in any league, i think us non-CC owners need to send him a few coupons to the all you can eat buffet at Pizza Hut.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed May 24, 2006 8:03 pm

I got bashed in our first year dynasty auction this year for paying more money for CC than someone payed for Cliff Lee. They were like he's not even the staff ace. Maybe I didn't know what I was talking about or MVP Baseball 05 lied to me when he had a good year :-b I'm really happy with what he's done off the DL. Now him and Peavy, and now Brett Myers are my top staffers and I'm feeling good about it ;)
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby TurdFerguson » Wed May 24, 2006 9:25 pm

Philly Pride wrote:
giants! wrote:

Santana's probably the best pitcher in the league, dude. Prior blows and Harden's filthy, but only when he's not nursing his injuries.
Sorry but your an idiot if you think Prior blows he is just like Harden injury riddled.I love the big nasty he is starting to pay huge dividends
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby bleach168 » Wed May 24, 2006 10:01 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:I got bashed in our first year dynasty auction this year for paying more money for CC than someone payed for Cliff Lee. They were like he's not even the staff ace. Maybe I didn't know what I was talking about or MVP Baseball 05 lied to me when he had a good year :-b I'm really happy with what he's done off the DL. Now him and Peavy, and now Brett Myers are my top staffers and I'm feeling good about it ;)

Ummm... He is and has been the staff ace for a while now. That's why he was opening day starter.
bleach168
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 16)

Postby dorje3 » Wed May 24, 2006 11:58 pm

hybrid wrote:I remember me and Yoda liking him a lot before the season started. And just to quote myself since I just commented on CC in another thread ...

He is really just continuing where he left off last year and I'm surprised he is getting left under the radar so much still. If you combine his stats this year w/ his last 2 months of last year, he's simply been amazing.

Last 16 starts: 12 W - 2 L - 108 2/3 IP - 81H - 26ER - 29BB - 102K - 2.15 ERA - 1.02 WHIP

Something clicked last year for him at the end of the year and he is just mowing down guys since. He doesn't just try to over power guys, he mixes up his pitches very well and w/ his stuff has been doing great.

Yes. Sabathia figured it out in his last 10+ starts last year. His ratios along with a phenomenal K/9 over that span were convincing enough, but what really left an impression was how deep he pitched. 8+ innings in seven of his last ten last year and he's picked up right where he left off.
CG Sabathia
No puns intended.
dorje3
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers