bn-clemens
DL-patterson

what should i do
poorlilrich
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Blandest » Sat May 20, 2006 1:44 am

I would trade one of your stud 2Bs for a strong SP since Clemens isn't pitching anytime soon and you only have 4 starters. But overall great team both hitting and pitching wise.

Help please http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=206451
Blandest
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby redsox2110 » Sat May 20, 2006 9:58 pm

i agree, trade off one of your second basemen, your team is pretty much stacked overall tho
redsox2110
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Deeznutz » Sun May 21, 2006 11:40 am

With that team I would stay put. You have the talent to compete in all categories. As frustrating as ARam is right now, your patience will reap the benefits of when he heats up. With that pitching staff, you could afford to wait for clemens, especially with Patterson on the DL. I can't believe you ended up with a team like that in a 12 team league. Good job!!!! ;-D ....But yeah, I think your best option is to stay put, you have a great closer, starters, big bats, and speed. I hope that means your winning because it looks like you're killing out there to me. You're probably bored because you're dominating huh??? Stay put man, and good luck!!!

help?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=206911
Deeznutz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby diamondbum » Sun May 21, 2006 12:05 pm

I'd consider packaging Lowry and one of you 2B for a bonafide stud SP until your other Patterson and Clemens come back.

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/foru ... p?t=207198
diamondbum
College Coach
College Coach

Postby The Big Train » Mon May 22, 2006 4:04 am

I know that many others here would gladly shoot me for suggesting this, but the guy I would watch closely would be Crawford (unless you are in a keeper league). Normally not something I would recommend, but I can't help but think that his wrist problem is going to continue to hamper him. He's admitted that it still bothers him slightly when he swings. I'm not sure if that is the reason for the drop in both AVG and Slugging, or if it will only affect the Slugging numbers going forward with his average returning to normal. Obviously it's hard to ignore the runs and steals he produces if his OBP doesn't dip too much, but he looks to be suffering a fair bit in the AVG/HR/SLG/OPS categories (his OPS is a low .664). Obviously you have plently of power that Crawford compliments with speed and runs, so I guess I'm just suggesting that you monitor that situation. Lopez and Reyes already provide some of the stuff Crawford brings.

Otherwise, you team is solid and I wouldn't touch it. I have to go put on my bullettproof vest now. Good luck.
Image + Image = 762

"Trying to hit him was like trying to drink coffee with a fork." - Willie Stargell on Sandy Koufax
The Big Train
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team