Pavano injured some more. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Yankees

Pavano injured some more.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:14 am

Shocking isn't it? Way to go Clueless One.

Rotoworld:
According to the New York Times, "there is a widespread perception in the Yankees’ clubhouse that Carl Pavano simply does not want to pitch."

Pavano has suffered yet another setback in his recovery, making his status for a start this week uncertain. The newspaper reports that Pavano "seems to have no defenders among the players, who stopped counting on him long ago."
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby TheYanks04 » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:34 pm

Wow. This just gets better and better.

Rotoworld:
Carl Pavano was diagnosed with a pair of broken ribs, the result of a car accident earlier this month, but he's still scheduled to pitch for Triple-A Columbus on Wednesday and he could rejoin the Yankees next month.

Pavano has made three rehab starts since the injury, and there's little point in trying to wait for the ribs to heal now. He'll try to pitch through the problem, and if he can't, he'll get all of the rest he needs in the offseason. The Yankees are very upset that Pavano didn't reveal that he had been in an accident until the weekend. "Of course I'm angry," GM Brian Cashman said, adding that "it's extremely frustrating" and "it's extremely disappointing." Perhaps they'll look into voiding his contract in the offseason, though they'd need a lot of luck to pull that off.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby luckygehrig » Mon Aug 28, 2006 11:40 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:Wow. This just gets better and better.

Rotoworld:
Carl Pavano was diagnosed with a pair of broken ribs, the result of a car accident earlier this month, but he's still scheduled to pitch for Triple-A Columbus on Wednesday and he could rejoin the Yankees next month.

Pavano has made three rehab starts since the injury, and there's little point in trying to wait for the ribs to heal now. He'll try to pitch through the problem, and if he can't, he'll get all of the rest he needs in the offseason. The Yankees are very upset that Pavano didn't reveal that he had been in an accident until the weekend. "Of course I'm angry," GM Brian Cashman said, adding that "it's extremely frustrating" and "it's extremely disappointing." Perhaps they'll look into voiding his contract in the offseason, though they'd need a lot of luck to pull that off.

I just saw this on Yahoo. What an idiot. I sincerely hope that it would be possible to waive his contract. I also read that he only revealed how he received the injury after a test revealed the broken ribs. :-t This guys a joke.
luckygehrig
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to New York Yankees