Dunn in 5th spot = no runs scored - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dunn in 5th spot = no runs scored

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dunn in 5th spot = no runs scored

Postby bubgump » Thu May 18, 2006 12:03 am

Why the did Dunn get moved to the 5th spot! I know he has a terrible BA, but he has the fourth most walks in the League and has an OBP of 0.381. This is really going to hurt Dunn's fantasy value.
bubgump Beginner
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 130
Joined: 30 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dunn in 5th spot = no runs scored

Postby Havok1517 » Thu May 18, 2006 12:06 am

bubgump wrote:Why the did Dunn get moved to the 5th spot! I know he has a terrible BA, but he has the fourth most walks in the League and has an OBP of 0.381. This is really going to hurt Dunn's fantasy value.



Its a great move. It hurts his fantasy value but helps the Reds in real baseball. Dunn completly sucks hitting with runners in scoring position. Kearns is a muh better RBI guy by far! Dunn either hits a solo HR, Ks, or Walks. Not much in between.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8538
(Past Year: 143)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dunn in 5th spot = no runs scored

Postby hybrid » Thu May 18, 2006 12:24 am

Havok1517 wrote:
bubgump wrote:Why the did Dunn get moved to the 5th spot! I know he has a terrible BA, but he has the fourth most walks in the League and has an OBP of 0.381. This is really going to hurt Dunn's fantasy value.



Its a great move. It hurts his fantasy value but helps the Reds in real baseball. Dunn completly sucks hitting with runners in scoring position. Kearns is a muh better RBI guy by far! Dunn either hits a solo HR, Ks, or Walks. Not much in between.


So how does that help in real baseball exactly? At least if he batted 3rd he would be on base for Griffey and Kearns.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 6107
Joined: 26 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: miles away from the unordinary

Postby bubgump » Thu May 18, 2006 12:58 am

exactly! he's scored 31 runs so far this season. That's gotta be helping the team.
bubgump Beginner
College Coach
College Coach


Posts: 130
Joined: 30 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dunn in 5th spot = no runs scored

Postby Havok1517 » Thu May 18, 2006 1:09 am

hybrid wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
bubgump wrote:Why the did Dunn get moved to the 5th spot! I know he has a terrible BA, but he has the fourth most walks in the League and has an OBP of 0.381. This is really going to hurt Dunn's fantasy value.



Its a great move. It hurts his fantasy value but helps the Reds in real baseball. Dunn completly sucks hitting with runners in scoring position. Kearns is a muh better RBI guy by far! Dunn either hits a solo HR, Ks, or Walks. Not much in between.


So how does that help in real baseball exactly? At least if he batted 3rd he would be on base for Griffey and Kearns.


Where would Lopez bat then? If anything Griffey should get off his high horse and not handcuff the Reds by insisting that they bat him 3rd and play him in CF. Right now, Lopez should be batting 3rd and Freel should be playing CF.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8538
(Past Year: 143)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dunn in 5th spot = no runs scored

Postby hybrid » Thu May 18, 2006 1:26 am

Havok1517 wrote:Where would Lopez bat then? If anything Griffey should get off his high horse and not handcuff the Reds by insisting that they bat him 3rd and play him in CF. Right now, Lopez should be batting 3rd and Freel should be playing CF.


Just put Lopez 1st or 2nd in the line up. Also I agree Griffey should probably hit a bit lower, cause I think Dunn is misused when he hits 5th.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 6107
Joined: 26 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: miles away from the unordinary

Re: Dunn in 5th spot = no runs scored

Postby Havok1517 » Thu May 18, 2006 1:27 am

hybrid wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:Where would Lopez bat then? If anything Griffey should get off his high horse and not handcuff the Reds by insisting that they bat him 3rd and play him in CF. Right now, Lopez should be batting 3rd and Freel should be playing CF.


Just put Lopez 1st or 2nd in the line up. Also I agree Griffey should probably hit a bit lower, cause I think Dunn is misused when he hits 5th.


Well, its either 2nd or 5th for Dunn.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8538
(Past Year: 143)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Thu May 18, 2006 1:35 am

Anything higher then 5th would be an improvement. I'm not sure why they can't move Griffey down a bit till he at least gets back into the swing of things. Some of the Reds decisions just don't make to much sense to me. Hitters w/ a close to or higher .400 OBP need to bat 4th or higher.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 6107
Joined: 26 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: miles away from the unordinary

Postby Havok1517 » Thu May 18, 2006 1:42 am

Well I'd hate to see how many 1-2-3 innings the reds would have starting the game off with Dunn at 3rd. So I doubt thats an option. He still can't hit with runners in scoring position so 4th is out. Doesn't bring much speed to the table. Personally, Dunn has been awful of late and having him bat anywhere higher than where he currently it doesn't matter.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8538
(Past Year: 143)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Thu May 18, 2006 1:54 am

They would have less 1-2-3 innings, as he has continually gets on base more than anyone on the team. So it should be a very good option. He is slumping now, but I don't see Griffey performing much better, yet he is has the 3rd spot by default due to money and past performance.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 6107
Joined: 26 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: miles away from the unordinary

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 4:04 hours
(and 96 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact