Just made some trades..How Does my team look? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Just made some trades..How Does my team look? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Just made some trades..How Does my team look? WHIR

Postby shappy » Wed May 17, 2006 10:50 pm

Just made some deals, let me know what else I shold try to go for and What i need to improve.

14 team h2h league 7x7 scoring (standard 5x5 with k/bb, k/9, .slg, .obp)

As far as pitching goes there are 5 sp spots and ONLY TWO rp spots

C: B. McCann
1B: D. Ortiz
2B: C. Utley
3B: C. Tracy
SS: F. Lopez
OF: C. Crawford
OF: C. Figgins
OF: B. Abreu
Util: C. Granderson
Bench: O. Vizquel
Bench: Lu. Gonzalez
DL: H. Matsui

SP C. Schilling
SP D. Willis
SP J. Smoltz
SP M. Batista
SP B. Bonser
RP J. Isringhausen
RP D. Turnbow
BN T. Lilly
Last edited by shappy on Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

I have bad luck when it comes to signatures that the person either gets traded or hurt...in this case I hope he gets traded.
shappy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby shappy » Fri May 19, 2006 4:02 pm

two days and no responses :-o

can anyone help out here...leave link ill get back to your post ASAP

I have bad luck when it comes to signatures that the person either gets traded or hurt...in this case I hope he gets traded.
shappy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby twistedude » Sat May 20, 2006 12:21 pm

Very solid team overall with great speed and strong pitching. Power is decent but not great. The one weak spot I can see is Granderson as your UTIL. I dropped Granderson a few weeks ago, and while you may want to stash him on your bench, I'd look for a better option as your utility starter. I'd like to see a big bat inserted in that spot somehow. Luis Gonzalez could also be upgraded.

Could you list some of the better hitters available on your waiver wire?

thanks for the help with mine.
twistedude
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Deeznutz » Sat May 20, 2006 12:50 pm

I think your team looks good. You have solid power and RBIs....Chone can single handedly dominate SBs on certain weeks. You have other multi-skilled players to back that up. Counting OBP, Granderson has been doing a solid job, he takes walks and is behind a good lineup, so his BA should climb. I dropped him in my league a few weeks ago and no one has picked him up. If there are better options out there I suggest you pick them up, it wouldn't hurt any. If that is Lu. Gonzo of AZ, I like him even though he's old. He'll still get the RBIs, he'll walk to help your OBP, and he hits a ton of doubles to help your SLG.

Your pitching staff is solid. Willis will come around, and so will Davis. I think Lieber will be okay at best, but he does have a nice line-up to get him those wins. Chacon is not the greatest, if there is a young pitcher on the wire, i suggest you drop Chacon and take a chance. I would consider the same with Lieber.

Help?
http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=206911
Deeznutz
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby shappy » Sat May 20, 2006 1:39 pm

as far as top 10 for hitters go on the WW:
D. Eckstein (StL - SS)
R. Johnson (Tor - OF)
K. Lofton (LAD - OF)
Y. Betancourt (Sea - 2B,SS)
A. LaRoche (Atl - 1B)
G. Matthews Jr. (Tex - OF)
C. Counsell n(Ari - 2B,SS)
C. Everett (Sea - OF)
S. Finley (SF - OF)
A. Kennedy (LAA - 2B
P. Ozuna (CWS - 3B,SS,OF)

the league is pretty deep, so there aren't that many good free agents out there as you can see

as far as SP goes:
M. Cain (SF - SP)
A. Cook (Col - SP)
B. McCarthy (CWS - SP,RP)
B. Radke (Min - SP)
Ja. Wright (SF - SP,RP)
M. Hendrickson (TB - SP)
B. Claussen (Cin - SP)
C. Janssen (Tor - SP)

shappy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby fbc_fan » Wed May 24, 2006 7:48 am

slick team man. the only weakness i see is that your pitchers are not terribly good at k/bb, but most of them are good at k/9, so at least you'll do well in that cat. for what its worth, radke might be worth keeping an eye on, i've used him the last two years in a league that counts bb and k for pitchers, he was gold. he stinks so far this year though, but i'd watch him anyways. lieber is another one of those pitchers that will help you win k/bb, so i like him on your team. one thing you may consider doing later on in the season is attempting to trade utley for dunn in some sort of a multi player deal, then moving chone to 2b. this way you could also net a good k/bb pitcher as well. i own dunn in a league that counts obp and slg, and i must say that he really helps out. the pairing of dunn and abreu on your team would give you a head start on obp for any given week. i'd be interested to see how you compiled such a ridiculous offense for a 14 team league. you should be destroying the competition when that team gets rolling.
fbc_fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby shappy » Sat May 27, 2006 5:29 pm

thanks for the response...as far as compiling that offense

i didn't draft: crawford, abreu, or figgins

was able to get crawford from a manager who more or less had given up on his season in a deal that was completely lopsided:
my weathers/hawpe/robertson for crawford/schilling

than abreu i was able to get in a swap for halladay back in about the second week of the season

and figgins i got through a blake/washburn trade back at the beginning of the season

shappy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Postby shappy » Sun Jun 04, 2006 11:50 am

updated my roster above, tell me how it looks after a few more trades

mainly: mi. cabrera/schmidt for ortiz/smoltz

shappy
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team