Two things I Dont Understand - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Two things I Dont Understand

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Two things I Dont Understand

Postby Havok1517 » Wed May 17, 2006 8:41 pm

[quote="phr3ak"]

Josh Bard hitting 4th. for the Pads the last two games...

[quote]

Actually, the Padre manager is just keeping his C in the 4 spot usually occupied with Piazza and it was worked out great.

Rotoworld

Josh Bard went 3-for-5 with a two-run homer Monday in the loss to the Diamondbacks.

Bruce Bochy's bizarre decision to keep his backup catchers in the cleanup spot when Mike Piazza rests has worked out amazingly well. Bard is 5-for-17 with five RBI since being acquired from the Red Sox.

It is also the same thing the A's have been doing with melhouse and that has worked out so well they are batting him the DH spot recently.

Crazy like a Fox! ;-D (Actually, it defies logic) CHAOS!
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 143)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby pokeyjoe » Wed May 17, 2006 9:25 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
phr3ak wrote:

Actually, the Padre manager is just keeping his C in the 4 spot usually occupied with Piazza and it was worked out great.

Rotoworld

Josh Bard went 3-for-5 with a two-run homer Monday in the loss to the Diamondbacks.

Bruce Bochy's bizarre decision to keep his backup catchers in the cleanup spot when Mike Piazza rests has worked out amazingly well. Bard is 5-for-17 with five RBI since being acquired from the Red Sox.

It is also the same thing the A's have been doing with melhouse and that has worked out so well they are batting him the DH spot recently.

I don't know how well that's actually working out. It says he went 5 for 17, but without the 3 for 5 night he went 2 for 12...not what I want from my clean up hitter.
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
pokeyjoe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Havok1517 » Wed May 17, 2006 9:33 pm

pokeyjoe wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
phr3ak wrote:

Rotoworld

I don't know how well that's actually working out. It says he went 5 for 17, but without the 3 for 5 night he went 2 for 12...not what I want from my clean up hitter.

Right, but you can't really take out 1 game to lessen stats to make a fictional point. The fact is he went 3 for 5 that night. So...I don't see your point. I can say that Jeter would still be batting .333 if it wasn't for his 4-5 game last night to improve his avg. to .349. But he did, just like Bard going 3-5 the other night. It happened and its been more successful than anyone thought it would be in SD.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe Writer
(Past Year: 143)

Postby RynMan » Wed May 17, 2006 9:36 pm

Zito is God wrote:
RynMan wrote:No, you are right....it's horrible.

What was worse, was hitting Bay 6th last week. 8-o

I think Bay had one of his best games of the season last week while batting 6th...

So?
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers