Two things I Dont Understand - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Two things I Dont Understand

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Two things I Dont Understand

Postby Havok1517 » Wed May 17, 2006 8:41 pm

[quote="phr3ak"]

Josh Bard hitting 4th. for the Pads the last two games...

[quote]


Actually, the Padre manager is just keeping his C in the 4 spot usually occupied with Piazza and it was worked out great.

Rotoworld

Josh Bard went 3-for-5 with a two-run homer Monday in the loss to the Diamondbacks.

Bruce Bochy's bizarre decision to keep his backup catchers in the cleanup spot when Mike Piazza rests has worked out amazingly well. Bard is 5-for-17 with five RBI since being acquired from the Red Sox.

It is also the same thing the A's have been doing with melhouse and that has worked out so well they are batting him the DH spot recently.

Crazy like a Fox! ;-D (Actually, it defies logic) CHAOS!
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8538
(Past Year: 143)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Two things I Dont Understand

Postby pokeyjoe » Wed May 17, 2006 9:25 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
phr3ak wrote:
Josh Bard hitting 4th. for the Pads the last two games...



Actually, the Padre manager is just keeping his C in the 4 spot usually occupied with Piazza and it was worked out great.

Rotoworld

Josh Bard went 3-for-5 with a two-run homer Monday in the loss to the Diamondbacks.

Bruce Bochy's bizarre decision to keep his backup catchers in the cleanup spot when Mike Piazza rests has worked out amazingly well. Bard is 5-for-17 with five RBI since being acquired from the Red Sox.

It is also the same thing the A's have been doing with melhouse and that has worked out so well they are batting him the DH spot recently.

Crazy like a Fox! ;-D (Actually, it defies logic) CHAOS!


I don't know how well that's actually working out. It says he went 5 for 17, but without the 3 for 5 night he went 2 for 12...not what I want from my clean up hitter.
[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
pokeyjoe
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

User avatar

Posts: 877
Joined: 9 Apr 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Jersey

Re: Two things I Dont Understand

Postby Havok1517 » Wed May 17, 2006 9:33 pm

pokeyjoe wrote:
Havok1517 wrote:
phr3ak wrote:
Josh Bard hitting 4th. for the Pads the last two games...



Actually, the Padre manager is just keeping his C in the 4 spot usually occupied with Piazza and it was worked out great.

Rotoworld

Josh Bard went 3-for-5 with a two-run homer Monday in the loss to the Diamondbacks.

Bruce Bochy's bizarre decision to keep his backup catchers in the cleanup spot when Mike Piazza rests has worked out amazingly well. Bard is 5-for-17 with five RBI since being acquired from the Red Sox.

It is also the same thing the A's have been doing with melhouse and that has worked out so well they are batting him the DH spot recently.

Crazy like a Fox! ;-D (Actually, it defies logic) CHAOS!


I don't know how well that's actually working out. It says he went 5 for 17, but without the 3 for 5 night he went 2 for 12...not what I want from my clean up hitter.



Right, but you can't really take out 1 game to lessen stats to make a fictional point. The fact is he went 3 for 5 that night. So...I don't see your point. I can say that Jeter would still be batting .333 if it wasn't for his 4-5 game last night to improve his avg. to .349. But he did, just like Bard going 3-5 the other night. It happened and its been more successful than anyone thought it would be in SD.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8538
(Past Year: 143)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RynMan » Wed May 17, 2006 9:36 pm

Zito is God wrote:
RynMan wrote:No, you are right....it's horrible.

What was worse, was hitting Bay 6th last week. 8-o


I think Bay had one of his best games of the season last week while batting 6th...


So?
Image
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 8891
Joined: 4 Feb 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Oztailia

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 11 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2015 MLB season starts in 8:49 hours
(and 96 days)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact