Dessens to close for KC - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Dessens to close for KC

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Dessens to close for KC

Postby J35J » Wed May 17, 2006 5:38 pm

Just heard it on sports radio that Burgos is going to be the 6th or 7th inning guy and they are going to give Elmer Dessens a shot at closing!!


Jason
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 369)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Zito is God » Wed May 17, 2006 6:17 pm

Any links by any chance?

I have dessens on my dynasty for Holds but I am deseperate for saves and it would be very good news. This was inevidable, Dessens is by far the best talent in that pen.
Image

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 4169
Joined: 11 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Secretly advising Cashman.

Postby Havok1517 » Wed May 17, 2006 6:39 pm

http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/14597812.htm



Got it, but it doesn't say for sure if Dessens is the guy that is going to take over just the guy most likely according to him being the best pitcher in the pen so far. :-o
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8519
(Past Year: 123)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AcidRock23 » Wed May 17, 2006 6:55 pm

Hmmm, sounds kind of fishy but I will go ahead and grab him on my save starved teams. Maybe he'll pick up a couple? The other problem w/ the KC closer is that it will take them two weeks to get a couple of save opportunities to see how it will play out. :-?

Thanks for the tip though!!
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 4170
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Champaign, IL

Postby Havok1517 » Wed May 17, 2006 6:57 pm

AcidRock23 wrote:Hmmm, sounds kind of fishy but I will go ahead and grab him on my save starved teams. Maybe he'll pick up a couple? The other problem w/ the KC closer is that it will take them two weeks to get a couple of save opportunities to see how it will play out. :-?

Thanks for the tip though!!


Dessens also gives you a SP/RP eligibilty.
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8519
(Past Year: 123)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby AcidRock23 » Wed May 17, 2006 6:59 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
AcidRock23 wrote:Hmmm, sounds kind of fishy but I will go ahead and grab him on my save starved teams. Maybe he'll pick up a couple? The other problem w/ the KC closer is that it will take them two weeks to get a couple of save opportunities to see how it will play out. :-?

Thanks for the tip though!!


Dessens also gives you a SP/RP eligibilty.


I saw that too, that is pretty handy to fill out a shaky bullpen. I have Dempster (also currently experiencing a save opp drought) and the SP eligibility is a nice angle to work.
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye
Posts: 4170
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Champaign, IL

Postby acsguitar » Wed May 17, 2006 7:00 pm

Stupid KC even if they had a stud closer he would probably only get 12 save the whole year
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!

Postby Havok1517 » Wed May 17, 2006 7:03 pm

acsguitar wrote:Stupid KC even if they had a stud closer he would probably only get 12 save the whole year



Well, they are Indian killers. You're kind of pessimist huh?
Havok1517
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe Writer
Posts: 8519
(Past Year: 123)
Joined: 8 Mar 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby acsguitar » Wed May 17, 2006 7:08 pm

Havok1517 wrote:
acsguitar wrote:Stupid KC even if they had a stud closer he would probably only get 12 save the whole year



Well, they are Indian killers. You're kind of pessimist huh?


Well i want Dessens because of his RP/SP ability since I'm in a points league.

Had to drop Cano. No need for weeks chone and cano on the same team.

Cano hasnt played a game for me yet this year.

So sad I like Cano but I'm desperate for saves/holds
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Graphics Expert
Posts: 26722
Joined: 7 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Back in General Talk WOOO!!!


Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Oct. 25
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Kansas City at San Francisco
(8:07 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact