Oswalt pulled from game with injury - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Oswalt pulled from game with injury

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Leiter Fan » Tue Jul 29, 2003 9:38 pm

jdh wrote:The game is on TBS, and the announcers haven't said anything about it. On the replays, you couldn't really see him injure anything after throwing the gopher ball pitch, but the trainer and Williams came right out and took him out of the game. He was walking off gingerly which would seem to indicate it was his groin, but impossible to tell for sure. Apparently, however, Williams had already alerted the umpire before that inning that he might have to pull him and Munro was already warmed up.

Oswalt looked way off the whole game. He was constantly getting into jams, and his fastball was topping off in the mid to high 80's so something is definitely wrong with him.

I'm not sure if anyone else saw it the same way, but the last time he hurt his groin (at the start of the no-hitter against the Yankees), he didn't look bad at all walking off the mound, and he went on the DL anyway. This doesn't bode well.

Also, I'm not sure if this matters, but they have said before that his injury is not a tear in the groin, but a tear in the sheath in which the groin muscle is encased. So, maybe he doesn't limp as much since the muscle itself is not damaged - that still doesn't lessen the pain though.
"One of the teams represents truth, justice, the American way, and underdogs everywhere. The other represents George Steinbrenner!" - U.S. News and World Reports columnist John Leo on the difference between the Mets and the Yankees.
Leiter Fan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby King Tim » Tue Jul 29, 2003 9:45 pm

So does he get injured every time he throws a nationally televised game? First ESPN and now TBS. He if starts against the Cubs on WGN I say bench his ass......you'll only get 2 innings out of him
King Tim
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Super GM » Tue Jul 29, 2003 9:48 pm

LOL King Tim :-D

This is the latest on Oswalt, I don't think anybody knows anything newer than this yet:
HOUSTON PITCHER ROY OSWALT LEFT THE GAME IN THE BOTTOM OF THE THIRD INNING AFTER AGGRAVATING HIS RIGHT GROIN.
I bet they'll give a statement on how long he's out later on or so....
Super GM
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers