Beckett is upset people would think he had a blister... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Beckett is upset people would think he had a blister...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Beckett is upset people would think he had a blister...

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed May 17, 2006 4:42 pm

wow...there is a shocker and he is obviously someone completely divorced from reality.

Rotoworld:
Josh Beckett became upset Tuesday because members of the Boston media did not believe him that he doesn't have a blister on his finger.
"I don’t have (an expletive) blister," Beckett said. "Look at my (expletive) finger. I’m pissed. I really am. This is (expletive) stupid. My dad calls me. He thinks I’m lying to him. That’s it. I’m done talking to you guys for the year."
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby chadlincoln » Wed May 17, 2006 4:47 pm

This guy must have short term memory loss.
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby hybrid » Wed May 17, 2006 4:49 pm

Ha, that is pretty funny. Though you have to understand in his foot steps he has had to deal with it so much that I'm sure he is really tired of it. It's not that people would assume it's a blister, it's that people still do after he said it wasn't.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Re: Beckett is upset people would think he had a blister...

Postby mikhayl » Wed May 17, 2006 4:50 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:wow...there is a shocker and he is obviously someone completely divorced from reality.

Rotoworld:
Josh Beckett became upset Tuesday because members of the Boston media did not believe him that he doesn't have a blister on his finger.
"I don’t have (an expletive) blister," Beckett said. "Look at my (expletive) finger. I’m pissed. I really am. This is (expletive) stupid. My dad calls me. He thinks I’m lying to him. That’s it. I’m done talking to you guys for the year."

It's always fun to see a redneck athlete try to behave in a city.

"I'm not talking to you guys for the year." that's something a toddler would say.
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby garf112 » Wed May 17, 2006 4:53 pm

Wow, a Yankees' fan talking crap about a Red Sox' player. Never seen this one before. At least he didn't threaten the reporters like Randy Johnson.
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 99)

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed May 17, 2006 4:54 pm

hybrid wrote:Ha, that is pretty funny. Though you have to understand in his foot steps he has had to deal with it so much that I'm sure he is really tired of it. It's not that people would assume it's a blister, it's that people still do after he said it wasn't.

You combine the Boston Media and the Red Sox management reputation for outright lieing about injuries (esp under Duquette) and it would have been shocking for themedia up there to have NOT questioned him about it further.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby acsguitar » Wed May 17, 2006 4:56 pm

hahah thats funny. If I was a pro athlete I'd say stupid stuff to the media all the time just to annoy them.

I'd be like "yea I have a blister look at it. Its freaking huge. It's probably gonna end my career. In fact I quit. I won't be pitching anymore for the redsox." Then i'd not talk to them until my next start passed.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby hybrid » Wed May 17, 2006 4:56 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:
hybrid wrote:Ha, that is pretty funny. Though you have to understand in his foot steps he has had to deal with it so much that I'm sure he is really tired of it. It's not that people would assume it's a blister, it's that people still do after he said it wasn't.

You combine the Boston Media and the Red Sox management reputation for outright lieing about injuries (esp under Duquette) and it would have been shocking for themedia up there to have NOT questioned him about it further.

And you see Beckett is from the Marlins where there isn't near the media up in the north east. He isn't used to it and it's obviously frustrating him w/ the "blister" episode.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Boggs » Wed May 17, 2006 5:15 pm

Not really sure what the point of this post is. Let's not take it out of context-it's not as if his reaction was unprompted.

The kid pitches a gem. He comes out of the game for the 8th b/c he tweaked his back earlier (snagged a spike). A camera happens to catch a shot of him showing his hand to Nipper and a trainer. His finger, for the record, was fine.

All of a sudden its all "BECKETT HAS BLISTERS AGAIN!" It headlines DirtDogs, with all the back quotes about how they can't seem to fix the problem (from past years, mind you), it's on the Globe, NESN pulls up the graphic of his DL stints due to blisters, Remdawg announces his suspicion. Hell, there's even some clown over on injury/player updates who instantly posts a thread "Beckett and Blisters! Beware!!"

Then he comes out and rather than discussing the incredible game he threw (after struggling in recent outings), he's bombarded by speculation that he's back to his old problems. He came to Boston knowing that everyone doubted his ability to stay off the DL because of his finger.

He's an emotional guy, and you can bet that so far, he's been quite proud to be able to prove them wrong and show that he can bring his stuff to the team without concern. It's a lot of pressure, and it sucks that the media won't let him rise above his reputation-even when he IS ok. Screw it. I'd blow up too.
Boggs Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Mugwump » Wed May 17, 2006 5:15 pm

hybrid wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:

And you see Beckett is from the Marlins where there isn't near the media up in the north east. He isn't used to it and it's obviously frustrating him w/ the "blister" episode.

isn't beckett kind of a douche bag anyway?
Mugwump
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers