Opinions of my squad. WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Opinions of my squad. WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby parishai3 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:03 pm

scoring seems to favor SP...if bonds is on the WW, i'd pick him up and try to package an OF and one of your RP for an elite SP. Try and keep speed on your team also. For your scoring, a player like carl crawford would be a top 3 pick. Try and get guys like that on your team and you'll start winning more weeks.
parishai3
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby A2J » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:22 am

Don't think it's in my best interest to pick up Bonds. He's a part time player who will hurt my production on the days he's not in the lineup. And the following report isn't very encouraging:

Jun 8 Updating previous reports, ESPN.com reports San Francisco Giants OF Barry Bonds (side) is unsure whether he will play in upcoming series against the Pittsburgh Pirates, which begins Thursday, June 8. Bonds tweaked his side last weekend and the injury has worsened over the course of the week. He is listed as day-to-day.

Other guys on my WW are Granderson, Baldelli, Thames, G. Anderson, and Matthews Jr. Who would I drop to get one of those guys?

As for SP, I already have two of the top 11 SP's in the league in Kazmir and Glavine. Liriano is Johan lite. Willis is back to his 2005 form and got me a CG this week. Mulder's in a bad stretch but he's a household name. Escobar and Cain are servicable. I also have Patterson coming back in a couple weeks which is the equivalent of adding an elite starter. So top to bottom, I think the staff is okay.

I've tried to acquire an elite pitcher. One owner wants Konerko or Ortiz for J. Santana and I'm just not ready to do that. I've been starving for AVG/HR/RBI for the last few weeks so the last thing I want to do is trade one of my best hitters while I'm struggling. I've actually won pitching the last few weeks. I think the staff is actually solid and well-balanced. Right now, I'm just looking to upgrade Green with an elite OF like a Guerrero or C. Lee.

Right now, I have a deal offered for C. Lee. I'm offering Green, Mulder, and Walker. The other team needs another SP and a closer.

As for team speed, with Figgins, Rollins, and Weeks, I'm winning SBs just about every week. No need for me to overpay for a guy like Crawford's speed. I have all the speed I need. All I need now is a power bat to go along with Dunn and Dye.

That's about it. I cracked up at your "winning more weeks" comment because I'm actually in 1st place in a 12 team league. I'm just looking to maintain at or near the top and wanted to get people's takes. I'm always looking to improve and tweak wherever possible.
A2J
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby sox 06 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:11 pm

thanks for your help on mine. i would get a new shortstop and i would do something, either trade or drop dunn. i also agree with playing shawn green in the outfield right now as he's been hot for a couple of weeks now and he's really been helping my team out.
sox 06
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle Eye

Postby A2J » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:49 pm

i would do something, either trade or drop dunn

Done (pun intended).

Traded Dunn and Walker this morning for Carlos Lee. Trade is pending till Monday. Posted a thread on it in the Trades forum.

I'm happy with Rollins though. He's a bit streaky, but he's a run scorer and helps a lot in SBs. He's a doubles and triples contributor as well with an occasional HR. Hard to improve on him without giving up a SP. He tends to heat up in the second half, too.
A2J
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:21 pm

Id grab baldelli and play him over dye.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 37)

Postby A2J » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:30 pm

So let me get this straight...

You want me to sit my hottest hitter for a guy that's just coming back from injury and played his first game in the majors since 2004? Is that what you're asking me to do?

While I'm at it, I'll trade my entire team for Rays players and pick up every Rays player on the WW.

;-)
A2J
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:33 pm

Yes, if u are looking long term i guarantee baldelli has a much better year than dye.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby A2J » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:40 pm

Maybe you're right, but I'm in a H2H league not a keeper league.

It's gonna take Baldelli a while to get back in a flow. I actually thought about picking him up off my WW and keeping him on my bench till he got hot. I still might do that, but there's no basis for playing him over Dye. At least not right now anyway.

Honestly, Baldelli is only valuable in fantasy leagues when he's stealing bases. I'd suspect the Rays are gonna want to take it easy with him in the early going. I might pick him up, but if I do, he's taking a spot right on my bench till I see him start stealing bases and hitting with power.
A2J
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:51 pm

they had him stealing when he was on a rehab assignment. trust me he will be running maddon wants everyone to run, they would not have called him up if he wasn't able to run. yes dye has been on a hit streak, but he is nromally not a great fantasy player. baldelli has more power and will get u the steals. i would pick him up and wiat like u said, but eventually play him over dye. just my opinion.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby A2J » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:08 pm

In his 12 rehab games in Durham, he attempted one steal and was caught.

I think Baldelli's call up was more due to Gathwright's absolute suckitude. He hit over .400 in Durham and racked up 19 hits-- 14 of which were singles and the remaining five doubles. So he's still not "back" from a power or speed standpoint.

When you miss as much time as he did, it's gonna take a while. Right now, he just needs consistent major league at-bats and reps in the OF more than anything.

I expect him to start running more as he gets more games under his belt. He's coming off a hamstring injury. I believe he had an ACL tear which caused him to miss all of 2005. The last thing Maddon wants to do is put him in danger of re-injury. Maddon won't have him running until Baldelli can demonstrate that his hammy is able to withstand the rigors of CF. He'll probably get 3-5 games to show that his hammy is 100% and the leg is strong. If he can run down some balls and show good range out there, that to me will be a great sign. If he can show speed in the field, it's only a matter of time before he shows it on the bases, too.

Until then, I'll keep a close eye on him and take a "wait and see" approach.
A2J
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

PreviousNext

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team