Concerns about Helton???? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Concerns about Helton????

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Concerns about Helton????

Postby CeeLoGreen » Wed May 17, 2006 12:32 pm

He fell to the sixth round in my big money draft. I snagged him there. I am starting to doubt my pick now.

At first, I thought it was a tremendous value, as everyone was scared after his down year in 05, thinking he was primed for a bounceback year. There is no power as he isn't even a lock for 20 HRs this year with his AVG steadily declining. I know he is just coming off an injury, but even before then he was only contributing in AVG with an occasional RBI or Run.

Any insight or opinions on how to proceed???
Basically I'm complicated.
I have a hard time taking the easy way
I wouldn't call it schizophrenia
But Ill be at least two people today

If that's OK

And I can go on, and on, and on...

But who cares?
CeeLoGreen
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby The Jury » Wed May 17, 2006 12:41 pm

He's hitting a huge number of doubles. I don't really want to get into 5x5 scoring topics, so I'll just point out the doubles.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TurdFerguson » Wed May 17, 2006 12:44 pm

I would not worry about Helton.He missed some time and wait until the weather heats up.As the poster mentioned above lots of doubles that will start turning into homers
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby RugbyD » Wed May 17, 2006 12:59 pm

TurdFerguson wrote:I would not worry about Helton.He missed some time and wait until the weather heats up.As the poster mentioned above lots of doubles that will start turning into homers

not as much as one may think with the new humidor settings. there's another recent thread around that talks about that.
TennCare rocks!!!!
RugbyD
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed May 17, 2006 1:12 pm

RugbyD wrote:
TurdFerguson wrote:I would not worry about Helton.He missed some time and wait until the weather heats up.As the poster mentioned above lots of doubles that will start turning into homers

not as much as one may think with the new humidor settings. there's another recent thread around that talks about that.

I was saying it for some time in th epre-season that this guy was way overrated. Two Hrs by mid-May? Lots of doubles?...can we say power losss due to no juice? The signs were there from last season with the power way down. Maybe he turns it around, but I would be surprised if he cracked 25 homers at this point. Which given where he was drafted, he better hit 350 to justify his draft selection spot in most leagues.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby rentz » Wed May 17, 2006 1:54 pm

i actually traded street and liriano for helton in week 2...thought i got a nice deal.
his power is in a constant decline but his avg is great.

plus in my league we count a bunch of crap... singles,doubles,triples, k,walks.... he's pretty great in that format.
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TurdFerguson » Wed May 17, 2006 2:16 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:
RugbyD wrote:

I was saying it for some time in th epre-season that this guy was way overrated. Two Hrs by mid-May? Lots of doubles?...can we say power losss due to no juice? The signs were there from last season with the power way down. Maybe he turns it around, but I would be surprised if he cracked 25 homers at this point. Which given where he was drafted, he better hit 350 to justify his draft selection spot in most leagues.
He missed two weeks give the guy time to recover.I didnt say he was going to hit 45 HRs either.I would say he ends up with .325-25-110
TurdFerguson
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Mercer Boy » Wed May 17, 2006 3:32 pm

He tore it up in the second half last year...be patient, and he should do his normal damage. ;-D
The One, The Only, The Incomparable Mercer Boy.
MySpace blog (updated 6/21 - Pirates walkout.)
Mercer Boy
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Jury » Wed May 17, 2006 3:42 pm

TheYanks04 wrote:
RugbyD wrote:

You should be accused of doing illegal without any evidence to support the accusation :-t
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TheYanks04 » Wed May 17, 2006 4:00 pm

The Jury wrote:
TheYanks04 wrote:
RugbyD wrote:

You should be accused of doing illegal without any evidence to support the accusation :-t

If it looks like a duck and walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, then it is a duck.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers