Matsui - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Matsui

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Matsui

Postby albanese » Wed May 17, 2006 12:09 pm

Hideki Matsui - OF - Yankees

Hideki Matsui (wrist) said Tuesday that he hopes to play again this season.
"My goal is to come back this season," Matsui said. "Certainly, I don't want to come back short-handed, where I'm not performing to what I'm capable of. I'm going to do my best to come back and play up to my capabilities, or even more." Matsui indicated that he may be ready to start baseball activities again in about six weeks. May. 17 - 9:58 am et
Source: New York Times
albanese Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Matsui

Postby kid sox » Wed May 17, 2006 1:26 pm

albanese wrote:Hideki Matsui - OF - Yankees

"My goal is to come back this season," Matsui said. "Certainly, I don't want to come back short-handed, where I'm not performing to what I'm capable of. I'm going to do my best to come back and play up to my capabilities, or even more." Matsui indicated that he may be ready to start baseball activities again in about six weeks. May. 17 - 9:58 am et

I'm glad I held onto him.
kid sox
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed May 17, 2006 4:18 pm

ehhh maybe, but id hate to rain on your parade, but the player always says he wants to come back sooner than later.

ESPNews reports New York Yankees manager Joe Torre doesn't expect OF Hideki Matsui (wrist) back before the playoffs.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby rentz » Wed May 17, 2006 4:23 pm

Snakes Gould wrote:ehhh maybe, but id hate to rain on your parade, but the player always says he wants to come back sooner than later.

ESPNews reports New York Yankees manager Joe Torre doesn't expect OF Hideki Matsui (wrist) back before the playoffs.

i think he will try to play the moment he thinks he can play through the pain....but i think the yankees want to move cautiously. i dont see him back till august at the absolute earliest....more likely september
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby OneLoveBoomer » Wed May 17, 2006 5:32 pm

OneLoveBoomer
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Re: Matsui

Postby chinst » Wed May 17, 2006 5:35 pm

albanese wrote:Hideki Matsui - OF - Yankees

Though it is encouraging to note that he plans on playing better than he is capable of playing.
chinst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby chinst » Wed May 17, 2006 5:39 pm

On a related note, Sheffield said:

"My goal is to get a big contract for next season," Sheffieldsaid. "Certainly, I don't want to come back under-paid, where I'm not paid to what I'm capable of. I'm going to do my best to come back and play up to my capabilities, or even more, when that happens is up to the Boss." Sheffield indicated that he may be ready to start baseball activities again in about six weeks, or just as soon as the swelling in his head comes down.

O:-)
chinst
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby kid sox » Thu May 18, 2006 9:04 am

Snakes Gould wrote:ehhh maybe, but id hate to rain on your parade, but the player always says he wants to come back sooner than later.

I am in a AL-only league so its not like I can just drop Matsui and pick up a productive player. I could drop Matusi and get the likes of D. Young or J. Reed but these guys have no value and for the most part will sit on my bench. For my team, I think it makes more sense to hang onto Matsui to see if I can't salvage a few productive weeks out of him at the end of the season.
kid sox
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rentz » Thu May 18, 2006 9:15 am

if you have a spare dl slot, he's worth hanging onto
but a lot of people like myself already have the dl spots full.

but i really dont see him back till maybe the last 1-2months, and he probably wont produce much
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby kid sox » Thu May 18, 2006 9:51 am

rentz wrote:if you have a spare dl slot, he's worth hanging onto
but a lot of people like myself already have the dl spots full.

Our league has 2 DL spots and my team has 3 players on the DL so my DL spots are full as well. David Wells is scheduled to pitch for the Sox on May 26th so I'll be able to stash Matsui in Well's spot very soon.
kid sox
College Coach
College Coach

Next

Return to Injuries & Player Updates