Ty Taubenheim any info? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Ty Taubenheim any info?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Ty Taubenheim any info?

Postby saktl5 » Wed May 17, 2006 11:54 am

Ty Taubenheim starts Saturday for Toronto, any info on him.
saktl5
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor


Posts: 61
Joined: 11 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: NY

Postby George Bell » Wed May 17, 2006 12:21 pm

Taubenheim came to the Blue Jays as part of the off season deal for Lyle Overbay, and hasn't been mentioned much in terms of Toronto's minor league pitching depth. According to USA Today his stuff is not much to write home about.
In 2005, Taubenheim went 12-8 in time split between A & AA with 119 K in 170 IP, but his ERA took a significant jump at the higher level. He displayed good control though, and has generally managed a nice 3:1 K/BB ratio throughout his minor league career.
This year, Taubenheim has posted a 1.24 ERA in 7 starts for AAA Syracuse. He could benefit from a few starts in front of the Blue Jay offense, but having your first major league start in Colorado must be a bit unsettling.
George Bell 1987 AL MVP
"Kiss my purple butt."
George Bell
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

User avatar

Posts: 82
Joined: 28 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto, ON Canada

Postby bdrotoronto » Wed May 17, 2006 12:22 pm

He's a decent prospect for the Jays, and might be with the big club full-time in a year or two.

That said, he's nothing to get excited about right now. He's only filling in for a spot start in place of Chacin, who's on the DL, and might be back off the DL in time for his following start.

Not only that, but Taubenheim's start will be at Colorado, where the Jays have never played before. A rookie making his first career start at Coors is a risky proposition, to say the least..
You've got a diamond, You've got nine men
You've got a hat and a bat, And that's not all..
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1708
Joined: 10 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bdrotoronto » Wed May 17, 2006 12:32 pm

bdrotoronto wrote:Not only that, but Taubenheim's start will be at Colorado, where the Jays have never played before. A rookie making his first career start at Coors is a risky proposition, to say the least..

Come to think of it, we also have Towers going on Friday at Coors.. :-?

Hide your eyes!!!.. :-o :-o
You've got a diamond, You've got nine men
You've got a hat and a bat, And that's not all..
bdrotoronto
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1708
Joined: 10 Sep 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby DSpec » Wed May 17, 2006 6:50 pm

bdrotoronto wrote:
bdrotoronto wrote:Not only that, but Taubenheim's start will be at Colorado, where the Jays have never played before. A rookie making his first career start at Coors is a risky proposition, to say the least..

Come to think of it, we also have Towers going on Friday at Coors.. :-?

Hide your eyes!!!.. :-o :-o


I have a good feeling that Towers will pitch well in his next start after that wicked outing in TB.
Image
DSpec
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 136
Joined: 18 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto

Postby go_jays_go » Wed May 17, 2006 8:09 pm

DSpec wrote:
bdrotoronto wrote:
bdrotoronto wrote:Not only that, but Taubenheim's start will be at Colorado, where the Jays have never played before. A rookie making his first career start at Coors is a risky proposition, to say the least..

Come to think of it, we also have Towers going on Friday at Coors.. :-?

Hide your eyes!!!.. :-o :-o


I have a good feeling that Towers will pitch well in his next start after that wicked outing in TB.


Ahh, I don't know about that. I'm not sold on Towers just yet.

About Taubenheim, I would just wait before picking this guy up. He's been tossing real well lately in AAA but as the previous poster's have said it's at Coors and that could be rough for a rookie. He's got good stuff to offer so if you're interested, keep your eyes open. ;-D
Image
go_jays_go
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 10462
Joined: 23 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Toronto, Canada


Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Aug. 22
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Baltimore at Chi Cubs
(2:20 pm)
Houston at Cleveland
(7:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
St. Louis at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
San Francisco at Washington
(7:05 pm)
Tampa Bay at Toronto
(7:07 pm)
Atlanta at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Seattle at Boston
(7:10 pm)
Kansas City at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Pittsburgh at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
Miami at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
San Diego at Arizona
(9:40 pm)
LA Angels at Oakland
(10:05 pm)
NY Mets at LA Dodgers
(10:10 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact