MAYBIN'S MRI - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

MAYBIN'S MRI

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

MAYBIN'S MRI

Postby coleminer » Wed May 17, 2006 8:53 am

Any news from Michigan on the results? I received a offer of Maybin + (probably a draft pick) for Hansen. I like Maybin alot, but if he's out a year that extends my timeline a little too long. Thanks.

http://www.mlive.com/sports/grpress/ind ... xml&coll=6
Season uncertain for Caps slugger Tuesday, May 16, 2006 By Brian VanochtenThe Grand Rapids Press LANSING -- A downpour ruined the West Michigan Whitecaps' chances of reclaiming first place in the Eastern Division at the end of a rain-plagued four-game series against the Lansing Lugnuts. The Whitecaps, however, had a bigger concern -- the health of Detroit Tigers first-round draft pick Cameron Maybin, sidelined with a puzzling injury to his right index finger. Maybin left for Detroit before Monday's game at Oldsmobile Park to be examined by a team doctor. He was expected to undergo an MRI of his right hand this morning in Grand Rapids. "I want him to get back in the lineup," Whitecaps manager Matt Walbeck said Monday. "He needs to play, but we're going to be very careful with him." Maybin, 19, leads the team with a .330 batting average. Maybin has been out of the lineup since May 7 because of a recurring problem with the "trigger finger" on his right hand. His index finger locks up on him -- at least twice in the past week -- making it impossible to flex it, grip a bat or throw a ball. A Tigers official at the weekend series in Lansing expressed concern the center fielder might be sidelined for an indefinite period. If surgery is necessary, it could cost Maybin the season. "It has presented some challenges for me," said Walbeck. "He sure is nice in that cleanup spot. He's missed, for sure, but we're going to make do."
coleminer
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby hybrid » Thu May 18, 2006 1:14 am

That injury is pretty odd, I mean trigger finger? I guess you learn something new every day. Anyways if I was you I would just wait on it, Hansen is nice but he is a RP and in the end it's easier to deal for those then very good OF prospects.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby hybrid » Thu May 18, 2006 1:45 am

Actually I just found the results, the MRI came out fine. His right index finger just has a stretched ligament, rather then a tear or structural damage like some feared.

http://detroit.tigers.mlb.com/NASApp/ml ... p&c_id=det
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby bigken117 » Thu May 18, 2006 8:03 am

I like how they refer to it as his "trigger finger" instead of his index finger.
That's Detroit for ya ;-7

Jacoby Ellsbury - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!

Play Pick 3!

Follow the Cafe on Twitter!
Like us on Facebook
bigken117
Bouncer
Bouncer

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 248)

Postby mcqfesijiba » Thu May 18, 2006 5:41 pm

Good to know he'll be back soon. He was having a solid pro debut. He is very young still and needs all the playing time he can get. Not too many potential impact hitters in the Tigers minor league system, so it's nice to hear good news on him.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby BoilerATC » Fri May 19, 2006 4:15 am

The medical condition is trigger finger, so the Tigers didn't just make that up. There is also mallet finger, jersey finger, gamekeepers thumb, among others.
BoilerATC
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Big Game JLo » Fri May 19, 2006 9:19 pm

BoilerATC wrote:The medical condition is trigger finger, so the Tigers didn't just make that up. There is also mallet finger, jersey finger, gamekeepers thumb, among others.

...and stink finger.
Big Game JLo
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby hybrid » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:27 am

Thought I would update this thread. Maybin has now played in 2 games since he has come back. In his 2nd game back he went 2-4 w/ a Grand Slam (5 rbi) & a SB.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Surfs up » Sun Jun 11, 2006 9:46 pm

Ive said this before but it needs to be said again. Hybrid you are the man!! ;-D Where do you live? I wish you and I could be buddies.
Surfs up
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 198)

Postby hybrid » Mon Jun 12, 2006 12:44 pm

Ha, thanks just here to help. ;-D

If you couldn't tell from my avatar (BJ) I'm a Rays fan and live in Tampa. Though that will change at the end of this year most likely and I will be heading up north.
hybrid
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Next

Return to Minor League & College Baseball