For Bill Hall Owners... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

For Bill Hall Owners...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

For Bill Hall Owners...

Postby Scooter1027 » Wed May 17, 2006 2:17 am

A couple things of note --

1. He made another start in CF today, inching him closer to CF eligibility (I believe by Yahoo rules he's down to needing 4 appearances or 2 starts).

2. JJ Hardy slid hard into catcher Sal Fasano and had to be helped off the field with an ankle injury. He couldn't put any weight on the ankle. It's quite possible (although not known for certain) that JJ could miss some time. This would mean everyday duty for Billy.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Snakes Gould » Wed May 17, 2006 4:39 am

interesting piece of news. definitely something to keep your eye on.

SIGS!

Shane Victorino wrote:“We keep fighting,” Victorino said. “We keep plugging along.”
Snakes Gould
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby cannonarm21 » Wed May 17, 2006 7:18 am

I saw Hardy slide into home, and it didn't look good at all. I would be shocked if Hardy wasn't put on the 15 day DL in the next day or so.

With OF eligibility approaching, Hall is turning into Figgins minus the SB's.
cannonarm21
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Scooter1027 » Wed May 17, 2006 1:15 pm

cannonarm21 wrote:I saw Hardy slide into home, and it didn't look good at all. I would be shocked if Hardy wasn't put on the 15 day DL in the next day or so.

With OF eligibility approaching, Hall is turning into Figgins minus the SB's.

Minus the SB but with added power. Bill Hall with everyday ABs is a 20 HR guy I think.

As far as Hardy, the initial exam found an ankle sprain with no break, which surprised Hardy. He thought it was broken. He has an MRI on wednesday.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby WickedSmaat » Wed May 17, 2006 1:17 pm

I'm actually glad this happened. I have Hardy(lately been on my bench though with the horrible slump) but wasn't giving me horrible numbers earlier this year so it was tough for me to get Hall in. When Roberts went down it helped a little but I picked up Biggio so I came in the same spot because our lineups lock before the first game so I couldn't wait until the Brewers game to see if he was in. Definately gives a lot more value as I can now put another player in with Hall at short.
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby zEli173 » Wed May 17, 2006 3:31 pm

Good news, but one day too soon. Hall is one start away from being OF eligible in Yahoo leagues. Now he likely won't get that OF start for a few weeks and with the way he's playing, the Brewers would be getting him in the lineup six days a week anyway. Still, I'm happy to see him have guarenteed playing time for a little while.

Also, I think he'll still wind up with double digit SB's by the end of the season.

20 HR's and 10 SB's makes him very valuable just as bench guy. With 2B, SS, 3B and OF eligibility he'll give his owners 20 extra games that other teams would have to carry two or three guys to fill.
zEli173
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby thehotcorner » Wed May 17, 2006 3:36 pm

zEli173 wrote:Good news, but one day too soon. Hall is one start away from being OF eligible in Yahoo leagues. Now he likely won't get that OF start for a few weeks and with the way he's playing, the Brewers would be getting him in the lineup six days a week anyway. Still, I'm happy to see him have guarenteed playing time for a little while.

Also, I think he'll still wind up with double digit SB's by the end of the season.

20 HR's and 10 SB's makes him very valuable just as bench guy. With 2B, SS, 3B and OF eligibility he'll give his owners 20 extra games that other teams would have to carry two or three guys to fill.

i'm with him, good news, but i did wanna see him get that OF eligibility. also he's been playing pretty much everyday for all of may, so all this really does is guarantee him a lineup spot if he happens to start slumping right now, which i hope he doesn't.
thehotcorner
College Coach
College Coach

Postby rentz » Wed May 17, 2006 3:43 pm

thehotcorner wrote:
zEli173 wrote:Good news, but one day too soon. Hall is one start away from being OF eligible in Yahoo leagues. Now he likely won't get that OF start for a few weeks and with the way he's playing, the Brewers would be getting him in the lineup six days a week anyway. Still, I'm happy to see him have guarenteed playing time for a little while.

i'm with him, good news, but i did wanna see him get that OF eligibility. also he's been playing pretty much everyday for all of may, so all this really does is guarantee him a lineup spot if he happens to start slumping right now, which i hope he doesn't.

yup this news is a double edged sword. guranteed playing time, but i was looking forward to that OF eligibility
rentz
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RynMan » Wed May 17, 2006 4:23 pm

Nice work Scooter, thanks for the info! ;-D
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Scooter1027 » Wed May 17, 2006 4:54 pm

Adding a little bit to the info -- Hardy is being placed on the 15 day DL, and is expected to miss 2-6 weeks. OF Corey Hart was recalled from AAA to replace him.

Seeing as how this now makes Bill Hall the one and only SS on the active roster, I would anticipate him playing everyday for some time now.
Scooter1027
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers