Is Kazmir a Flash in the Pan? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is Kazmir a Flash in the Pan?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby benjapage » Tue May 16, 2006 8:43 pm

he needs to quit running his mouff at the umps. that's a surefire way to shrink your strike zone.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 2767
Joined: 26 May 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Cincinnati, OH

Postby johnsamo » Tue May 16, 2006 8:47 pm

Kind of reminds me of Expos era Randy Johnson... not quite as fast or wild... but he's got ace stuff at a young age... wish he could get better run support.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1826
Joined: 30 Mar 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Los Angeles

Postby clevername » Tue May 16, 2006 9:27 pm

can you imagine the amount of hype he'd be getting if he still played for the Mets?
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1156
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 23 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Smee » Tue May 16, 2006 9:27 pm

johnsamo wrote:Kind of reminds me of Expos era Randy Johnson... not quite as fast or wild... but he's got ace stuff at a young age... wish he could get better run support.


He's actually gotten decent run support thus far....5+ runs in 5 of 8 games he's started.
Image
Go 'Topes!
Smee
College Coach
College Coach

User avatar

Posts: 321
Joined: 30 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: BLADOW!

Postby bigh0rt » Tue May 16, 2006 9:28 pm

clevername wrote:is he a bonafide ace now after the last couple of innings?


That's not a serious question, is it? :-?

Kazmir is well on his way to being one of the top level pitchers in all of baseball. He's incredibly young, and to have the talent that he does at this point is scary, thinking of what the future holds in store. He's had 2 'poor' outings all year, allowing 6 ER to Baltimore on opening day, and 4 to the Yankees. Hasn't allowed more than 2 in any other, and hasn't walked a batter since the 1st inning tonight. :-°
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24805
(Past Year: 376)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Postby clevername » Tue May 16, 2006 9:35 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
clevername wrote:is he a bonafide ace now after the last couple of innings?


That's not a serious question, is it? :-?

Kazmir is well on his way to being one of the top level pitchers in all of baseball. He's incredibly young, and to have the talent that he does at this point is scary, thinking of what the future holds in store. He's had 2 'poor' outings all year, allowing 6 ER to Baltimore on opening day, and 4 to the Yankees. Hasn't allowed more than 2 in any other, and hasn't walked a batter since the 1st inning tonight. :-°


Sorry, thought the cynical sarcasm was evident.

Kazmir is really stepping up to his potential this year. I still worry about the people who worry about the effect his delivery and size will have on his arm (worrying about people who worry is a worrying sign), but I think he's elevating himself to ace status quickly this year.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar

Posts: 1156
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 23 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bigh0rt » Tue May 16, 2006 9:37 pm

clevername wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
clevername wrote:is he a bonafide ace now after the last couple of innings?


That's not a serious question, is it? :-?

Kazmir is well on his way to being one of the top level pitchers in all of baseball. He's incredibly young, and to have the talent that he does at this point is scary, thinking of what the future holds in store. He's had 2 'poor' outings all year, allowing 6 ER to Baltimore on opening day, and 4 to the Yankees. Hasn't allowed more than 2 in any other, and hasn't walked a batter since the 1st inning tonight. :-°


Sorry, thought the cynical sarcasm was evident.

Kazmir is really stepping up to his potential this year. I still worry about the people who worry about the effect his delivery and size will have on his arm (worrying about people who worry is a worrying sign), but I think he's elevating himself to ace status quickly this year.


It seemingly was, but I've learned on these forums never to assume. :-D
Image
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 24805
(Past Year: 376)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Crowding The Plate

Re: Is Kazmir a Flash in the Pan?

Postby swyck » Tue May 16, 2006 9:39 pm

kemper5 wrote:I traded for him last week and started him this week. I loved his previous starts, but got nervours in the 1st inning tonight..Does he give up tons of walks? Tonight, he walked 2 of the first 4 batters and is working on a high pitch count (30) to escape the 1st inning.. May we see a quick 3-4 inning peformance before he exits tonight? Is his 5 wins, 49K's/18 BB (LOW) in 50 innings just a flash in the Pan

Did you check his stats from last year before you traded for him? :-B

Kazmir's not a flash in the pan, but expect some walks.
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 1524
(Past Year: 14)
Joined: 7 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is Kazmir a Flash in the Pan?

Postby giants! » Tue May 16, 2006 9:57 pm

swyck wrote:
kemper5 wrote:I traded for him last week and started him this week. I loved his previous starts, but got nervours in the 1st inning tonight..Does he give up tons of walks? Tonight, he walked 2 of the first 4 batters and is working on a high pitch count (30) to escape the 1st inning.. May we see a quick 3-4 inning peformance before he exits tonight? Is his 5 wins, 49K's/18 BB (LOW) in 50 innings just a flash in the Pan

Did you check his stats from last year before you traded for him? :-B

Kazmir's not a flash in the pan, but expect some walks.


Yes, Tampa has good run support, and if they solidify their bullpen at all, they will get solid win totals from Kazmir. Add in high k's and low era with a decent whip(if he keeps walks the way it is) and u haev a great undervalued and steal of a pitcher)
Image
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2982
Joined: 12 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazing Oopah » Tue May 16, 2006 11:41 pm

The main sticking point with Kazmir is his WHIP. Once he gets that consistently lower, the sky's the limit for him.
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 3712
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 1 May 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ensanimal and 11 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Saturday, Jul. 26
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

Toronto at NY Yankees
(1:05 pm)
St. Louis at Chi Cubs
(4:05 pm)
Washington at Cincinnati
(4:05 pm)
Baltimore at Seattle
(4:10 pm)
Arizona at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(7:10 pm)
NY Mets at Milwaukee
(7:10 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(7:10 pm)
Miami at Houston
(7:10 pm)
San Diego at Atlanta
(7:10 pm)
Oakland at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Pittsburgh at Colorado
(8:10 pm)
Detroit at LA Angels
(9:05 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Francisco
(9:05 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact