Is Kazmir a Flash in the Pan? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is Kazmir a Flash in the Pan?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby benjapage » Tue May 16, 2006 8:43 pm

he needs to quit running his mouff at the umps. that's a surefire way to shrink your strike zone.

b
yeah, yes...
benjapage
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby johnsamo » Tue May 16, 2006 8:47 pm

Kind of reminds me of Expos era Randy Johnson... not quite as fast or wild... but he's got ace stuff at a young age... wish he could get better run support.
johnsamo
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby clevername » Tue May 16, 2006 9:27 pm

can you imagine the amount of hype he'd be getting if he still played for the Mets?
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Smee » Tue May 16, 2006 9:27 pm

johnsamo wrote:Kind of reminds me of Expos era Randy Johnson... not quite as fast or wild... but he's got ace stuff at a young age... wish he could get better run support.

He's actually gotten decent run support thus far....5+ runs in 5 of 8 games he's started.
Go 'Topes!
Smee
College Coach
College Coach

Postby bigh0rt » Tue May 16, 2006 9:28 pm

clevername wrote:is he a bonafide ace now after the last couple of innings?

That's not a serious question, is it? :-?

Kazmir is well on his way to being one of the top level pitchers in all of baseball. He's incredibly young, and to have the talent that he does at this point is scary, thinking of what the future holds in store. He's had 2 'poor' outings all year, allowing 6 ER to Baltimore on opening day, and 4 to the Yankees. Hasn't allowed more than 2 in any other, and hasn't walked a batter since the 1st inning tonight. :-°
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Postby clevername » Tue May 16, 2006 9:35 pm

bigh0rt wrote:

Kazmir is well on his way to being one of the top level pitchers in all of baseball. He's incredibly young, and to have the talent that he does at this point is scary, thinking of what the future holds in store. He's had 2 'poor' outings all year, allowing 6 ER to Baltimore on opening day, and 4 to the Yankees. Hasn't allowed more than 2 in any other, and hasn't walked a batter since the 1st inning tonight. :-°

Sorry, thought the cynical sarcasm was evident.

Kazmir is really stepping up to his potential this year. I still worry about the people who worry about the effect his delivery and size will have on his arm (worrying about people who worry is a worrying sign), but I think he's elevating himself to ace status quickly this year.
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue May 16, 2006 9:37 pm

clevername wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

Sorry, thought the cynical sarcasm was evident.

Kazmir is really stepping up to his potential this year. I still worry about the people who worry about the effect his delivery and size will have on his arm (worrying about people who worry is a worrying sign), but I think he's elevating himself to ace status quickly this year.

It seemingly was, but I've learned on these forums never to assume. :-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 376)

Re: Is Kazmir a Flash in the Pan?

Postby swyck » Tue May 16, 2006 9:39 pm

kemper5 wrote:I traded for him last week and started him this week. I loved his previous starts, but got nervours in the 1st inning tonight..Does he give up tons of walks? Tonight, he walked 2 of the first 4 batters and is working on a high pitch count (30) to escape the 1st inning.. May we see a quick 3-4 inning peformance before he exits tonight? Is his 5 wins, 49K's/18 BB (LOW) in 50 innings just a flash in the Pan

Did you check his stats from last year before you traded for him? :-B

Kazmir's not a flash in the pan, but expect some walks.
swyck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 14)

Re: Is Kazmir a Flash in the Pan?

Postby giants! » Tue May 16, 2006 9:57 pm

swyck wrote:
kemper5 wrote:I traded for him last week and started him this week. I loved his previous starts, but got nervours in the 1st inning tonight..Does he give up tons of walks? Tonight, he walked 2 of the first 4 batters and is working on a high pitch count (30) to escape the 1st inning.. May we see a quick 3-4 inning peformance before he exits tonight? Is his 5 wins, 49K's/18 BB (LOW) in 50 innings just a flash in the Pan

Did you check his stats from last year before you traded for him? :-B

Kazmir's not a flash in the pan, but expect some walks.

Yes, Tampa has good run support, and if they solidify their bullpen at all, they will get solid win totals from Kazmir. Add in high k's and low era with a decent whip(if he keeps walks the way it is) and u haev a great undervalued and steal of a pitcher)
giants!
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Amazing Oopah » Tue May 16, 2006 11:41 pm

The main sticking point with Kazmir is his WHIP. Once he gets that consistently lower, the sky's the limit for him.
Amazing Oopah
General Manager
General Manager

Lucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 4)

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers