Is Kazmir a Flash in the Pan? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Is Kazmir a Flash in the Pan?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is Kazmir a Flash in the Pan?

Postby kemper5 » Tue May 16, 2006 7:32 pm

I traded for him last week and started him this week. I loved his previous starts, but got nervours in the 1st inning tonight..Does he give up tons of walks? Tonight, he walked 2 of the first 4 batters and is working on a high pitch count (30) to escape the 1st inning.. May we see a quick 3-4 inning peformance before he exits tonight? Is his 5 wins, 49K's/18 BB (LOW) in 50 innings just a flash in the Pan
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby RynMan » Tue May 16, 2006 7:38 pm

I think he is legitimate. Just scratch wins though because the Rays' pen couldn't hold a lead if it was given to them in an automatic holding machine.
RynMan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerAward-Winning Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is Kazmir a Flash in the Pan?

Postby The Jury » Tue May 16, 2006 7:40 pm

kemper5 wrote:I traded for him last week and started him this week. I loved his previous starts, but got nervours in the 1st inning tonight..Does he give up tons of walks? Tonight, he walked 2 of the first 4 batters and is working on a high pitch count (30) to escape the 1st inning.. May we see a quick 3-4 inning peformance before he exits tonight? Is his 5 wins, 49K's/18 BB (LOW) in 50 innings just a flash in the Pan

Your questions are really confusing. If you want to know if he walks a lot of batters, check his stats. You'll see that in 186 IP last year, he struck out 174 and walked 100.

Wins are team dependant.

And his current rate of 2.72 K/BB is not "LOW" and I would be surprised if he managed to keep it that "high" all season.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue May 16, 2006 7:42 pm

kemper5 wrote:I traded for him last week and started him this week. I loved his previous starts, but got nervours in the 1st inning tonight..Does he give up tons of walks? Tonight, he walked 2 of the first 4 batters and is working on a high pitch count (30) to escape the 1st inning.. May we see a quick 3-4 inning peformance before he exits tonight? Is his 5 wins, 49K's/18 BB (LOW) in 50 innings just a flash in the Pan

it's one inning man. relax.
The Miner Part 2
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Yoda » Tue May 16, 2006 7:44 pm

He's legit. He's young and has a control problem. If he can reduce his BB under 3BB/9, then he will be an elite pitcher.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mweir145 » Tue May 16, 2006 7:46 pm

No, he's fine. It's just one inning agaisnt one of the better offenses in the league. Kazmir should be a good source of Ks with a decent ERA this year, and he's only improving.
mweir145
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Eagle Eye
(Past Year: 10)

Postby Thursday » Tue May 16, 2006 7:50 pm

GOOD LORD! RE-FREAKIN-LAX!

I'm getting sick of these threads. HE IS FINE! AS a matter of fact, remember how psyched up people were about this guy a while ago? Next big thing, etc., etc.? This year i think he's starting to come into his own. 5-2 record with teh lowly Devil Rays! That's got to say SOMETHING about the kind of pitcher he is! 48 K's in 49 IPs, an ERA below 3, please. He's fine and will continue to be a great #2 or #3 pitcher this year.
Thursday
General Manager
General Manager

Postby George_Foreman » Tue May 16, 2006 7:53 pm

So, I saw an AB the other day where Vald Guerrero struck out. I just traded for him and while I like he previous ABs, this one worried me. Does he strike out a lot? Tonight, he swung at the first two pitches and hit them foul and then took the next two, the first for a ball and the other for a strike. Is he just a flash in the pan? Does he make tons of Ks?
"I don't buy everything I read,
I havn't even read everything I've bought"

"I find it more comforting to believe that this [life] isn't simply a test."
George_Foreman
General Manager
General Manager

Postby cordscords » Tue May 16, 2006 7:56 pm

George_Foreman wrote:So, I saw an AB the other day where Vald Guerrero struck out. I just traded for him and while I like he previous ABs, this one worried me. Does he strike out a lot? Tonight, he swung at the first two pitches and hit them foul and then took the next two, the first for a ball and the other for a strike. Is he just a flash in the pan? Does he make tons of Ks?

:-b
cordscords
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 20)

Postby clevername » Tue May 16, 2006 8:24 pm

is he a bonafide ace now after the last couple of innings?
clevername
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers