what's up with michael young? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

what's up with michael young?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

what's up with michael young?

Postby rfa94wp98 » Tue May 16, 2006 5:38 pm

yup, i love his average, but can i still expect 25 HR's out of him? i swear it seems like everytime he gets up, he hits a 2 out single with no one on, which means he can't steal because he doesn't want to get an inning ending out with tex batting and he's not going to score a run because tex has been slumping all season so far.
rfa94wp98
College Coach
College Coach

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: what's up with michael young?

Postby mikhayl » Tue May 16, 2006 5:48 pm

rfa94wp98 wrote:yup, i love his average, but can i still expect 25 HR's out of him? i swear it seems like everytime he gets up, he hits a 2 out single with no one on, which means he can't steal because he doesn't want to get an inning ending out with tex batting and he's not going to score a run because tex has been slumping all season so far.

Crosby absolutely robbed him of a double (possibly a triple) last night with two men on. I don't know if 25 HR is realistic considering he's never hit that many in a season. 17+ is a lock though.
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby rfa94wp98 » Tue May 16, 2006 6:08 pm

yeah, i know he does more than get singles with 2 out and none on, but still. he hit 24 HR's last year and 22 HR's the year before, so expecting 25 dingers is well within reason, although i'm not so sure anymore.
rfa94wp98
College Coach
College Coach

Eagle Eye

Postby mikhayl » Tue May 16, 2006 6:17 pm

rfa94wp98 wrote:yeah, i know he does more than get singles with 2 out and none on, but still. he hit 24 HR's last year and 22 HR's the year before, so expecting 25 dingers is well within reason, although i'm not so sure anymore.

I'm disappointed with the dingdongs as well but he's on his way to 90+ RBI and Runs. It looks like he hit most of his HRs later in the season last year.

Honestly, he's been performing so well for my team I haven't even paid close attention to his stats. Hopefully the homers will come.
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers