*Carlos Beltran* - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

*Carlos Beltran*

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

*Carlos Beltran*

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue May 16, 2006 4:50 pm

Mets fans (or anyone who can help)-

What is the outlook for Beltran the rest of the season? Is he going to keep up this torrid hitting pace? Is he healthy? What are the odds of him missing more time with an injury?

What do you expect from him for the rest of the year? I want to acquire him, but I'm not sure he can be trusted. What are your feelings on this?
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 116)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fansmash » Tue May 16, 2006 5:07 pm

Because of his disappointing year last year, and the lingering hamstring injury at the beginning of this year, Beltran is still not considered among the top 5 players as he was a few years ago.

However, he IS swinging an exceptionally good bat right now. And he's stolen a few bases -- which hopefully means his hamstring is feeling much better.

You may still be able to deal affordably for him if the owner doesn't consider him among the elite players. But his stock is rising very fast, as he's starting to perform like the guy he was a few years ago...

I've personally kept him for 3 years now, and will continue to consider him one of the most valuable players on my team. Good luck!
fansmash
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby BronXBombers51 » Tue May 16, 2006 5:11 pm

fansmash wrote:Because of his disappointing year last year, and the lingering hamstring injury at the beginning of this year, Beltran is still not considered among the top 5 players as he was a few years ago.

However, he IS swinging an exceptionally good bat right now. And he's stolen a few bases -- which hopefully means his hamstring is feeling much better.

You may still be able to deal affordably for him if the owner doesn't consider him among the elite players. But his stock is rising very fast, as he's starting to perform like the guy he was a few years ago...

I've personally kept him for 3 years now, and will continue to consider him one of the most valuable players on my team. Good luck!

Just in case anyone wanted specifics on the type of deal it would take for me to get him, here's my trade thread. http://fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/v ... p?t=205430

I'd like to notify mods that this is not my intention of the thread. I am genuinely interested in what people think Beltran can produce and for how long. Do you believe he's on his way back to elite status? Already there? Not going there at all?

Any insight would be appreciated.
BronXBombers51
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 116)

Postby fansmash » Tue May 16, 2006 5:16 pm

I'm probably a bit bias, because I like Beltran... but in that Mets lineup, his potential is huge.

I wouldn't be surprised with 100 runs, 25-30 HRs, 100 RBIs, and 25-30 SBs. Maybe a 270-280 avg.

Of course, injury is always a concern... which is why he might be attainable from the right owner.
fansmash
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Phatferd » Tue May 16, 2006 5:29 pm

I just traded Drew and Beltran for Manny straight up. I have Holliday and Sizemore with Mench on the bench, so I felt that I made my starting 3 stronger while weakening my bench. Drew was on my bench.
You have no frame of reference, Donny. You're like a child who walks into the middle of a movie...
Phatferd
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TB13 » Tue May 16, 2006 6:03 pm

Beltran has actually had better numbers than he has in a long time. In 95 AB's, 9 hr's, 22 rbi's, 24 runs & 5 steals. It is also noticeable that he has 24 walks. It is noticieable becuase that is virtually half the amount that he had in the each of the prior 2 years. It is reflected in his OBP. of .405 & OPS of 1.015 (as you can tell, I give credence to stats).
Prorated over 500 at-bats, he is going to approach some serious numbers. Close to 40ish homers and over 100 runs scored & rbi's. Plus 20 steals. Now, I really do not expect the 40 homers, but with Delgado behind him, I thin that he has a good shot at 30+.
Delgado looks to have had a positive effect on him, batting-wise. He is showing far more patience than in the past.
As for your trade, much as what I just said, I probably would not do it. Pronk is a safer bet than Beltran. If Beltran was safer, then I would do it. I think if he feels healthy, he could steal 25 to 30, but that remains to be seen. If he did steal that much, then your trade should work with the Hunter inclusion.
TB13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby acsguitar » Tue May 16, 2006 6:03 pm

Beltran was a keeper for me. I expect players to suck in NY their first season or at least not live up to expectations
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby mikhayl » Tue May 16, 2006 6:10 pm

acsguitar wrote:Beltran was a keeper for me. I expect players to suck in NY their first season or at least not live up to expectations

Delgado slipped way far in my league based on that thinking and I'm kicking myself for it.

As a Mets fan, I'm not optimistic about Beltran staying healthy. Centerfield at Shea is a rough everyday job. The way he's swinging the bat though, if he can stay healthy he should do 30-30 with 100 RBI and Runs. Like I said though, I wouldn't count on it.
Let's go O's. Let's go Mets.
mikhayl
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby The_Met_Threat » Tue May 16, 2006 7:10 pm

Hes playing very well. I think hell keep it up. Hes a new player. Shows much more patience and his OBP is up their in the .400's and a great number of walks. He takes more pitches, so that means hell usually find more mistake pitches which = more homers. I cant promise the steals cuz i dont know how his hamstring is, but he looks ok for now.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Baseball Leftovers