Any Tomko believers out there? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Any Tomko believers out there?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby PlayingWithFire » Tue May 16, 2006 6:01 pm

j_d_mcnugent wrote:
PlayingWithFire wrote:
the thing is that Tomko is a WW pitcher and it doesn't cost you anything to believe, I'll enjoy him while I can and when he start to be a thrower rather than a pitcher again you can just dump him.

i guess i am misunderstanding the meaning of "believer." i take that to mean someone thinks a certain player will maintain his current level of play for an extended period of time. go ahead and use tomko in the short-term, just keep him on a short lease. i got some great starts out of him in h2h playoffs in 2004.

I do believe he can keep it up but for the non-believers he's not much of a risk.
Are you interested in joining a 28 teams dynasty league? If so, PM me.
PlayingWithFire
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Rhino Tuff » Tue May 16, 2006 6:43 pm

I believed in him enough this week to pick him up for two starts one of them in Colorado. It worked out so far he already picked up 1 big W. His numbers to date have been fairly impressive. B-)
Rhino Tuff
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Pedantic » Tue May 16, 2006 7:32 pm

I'm in agreement with j_d on this one. What makes anyone think that he'll actually keep this up? I also disagree with the statement that there is no risk. Perhaps in H2H the risk is diminished but are you really willing to risk the ratio damage in roto? And damage your ratios a blowup will.
Pedantic
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby The Jury » Tue May 16, 2006 7:37 pm

Pedantic wrote:I'm in agreement with j_d on this one. What makes anyone think that he'll actually keep this up? I also disagree with the statement that there is no risk. Perhaps in H2H the risk is diminished but are you really willing to risk the ratio damage in roto? And damage your ratios a blowup will.

Yes. On a side note, who cares about risk? This is about whether or not Tomko will keep it up, and he won't.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby TB13 » Tue May 16, 2006 7:56 pm

This could be his one year in the sun. But since there is no track record, it is hard to find faith in that belief.
TB13
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby The Jury » Tue May 16, 2006 8:01 pm

TB13 wrote:This could be his one year in the sun. But since there is no track record, it is hard to find faith in that belief.

Precisely.
[quote:4fef447375="Geek"]The odds of the AL MVP coming from the American League are looking pretty good.[/quote]
The Jury
General Manager
General Manager

Postby NZF » Tue May 16, 2006 8:06 pm

Always has had very good stuff but just does not know how to harness it and is a headcase to boot. I actually drafted him late as my fifth starter in the Cafe Challenge hoping for a continuation of his hot ST. He promptly went out and threw a shocker against an ordinary Pirates offense and I tossed him onto to the WW.

Agree with the majority, ride him while you can because he will soon start stinking it up. I can't see why or how he's suddenly turned the corner and finally realising the huge potential he always had.
When you're right no one remembers, when you're wrong no one forgets - NZF
NZF
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers