Converting a first year Keeper League into... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Converting a first year Keeper League into...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Converting a first year Keeper League into...

Postby killercars » Tue May 16, 2006 2:51 pm

Converting a first year Keeper League into one that has a 10 man minors roster...

I'm in a highly competitive 14 team h2h Keeper League. This is our first year, and now a month or so in we are talking about adding a 10 man minor league roster.

I have a few questions here.

1. What are the typical ip/ab requirements used by most leagues to determine minor leaguers?

2. We're using CBS sportsline so when it was announced that we would be adding this, a number of managers went and picked up all the best minor leaguers (actually, most of the really good ones were already on rosters before this was announced). How do most leagues handle this conversion? Like... should these said managers (savvy or sneaky), be allowed to transfer a certain number of them (3-7?) to their respective minor league teams during keeper election time??? I was thinking maybe if they were on their respective teams by say the trade deadline??? How else could this be handled??? Should they just have to be either kept or dropped with a full minor league draft next year???

I'm so torn, i could probably see it either way... anyone have these issues (or others) come up? and...

what other thoughts are there here?

thanks

jhonny.
killercars
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby markj11 » Tue May 16, 2006 2:59 pm

for rookies or minor league players we go by the mlb definition of rookies:

Fewer than 130 at bats and 50 innings pitched in the Major Leagues or
Fewer than 45 days on the active rosters of Major League clubs (excluding DL time or any time after rosters are expanded on September first)
markj11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby garf112 » Tue May 16, 2006 3:26 pm

In our league, if a player appears on your major league roster (the actual 27 man roster of players that you can use), he can no longer be kept the next year, regardless of whether or not he played in any actual games in the real MLB. It adds a dimension of, "when should i call this guy up? When is he going to be useful." In that case, I think you should make them either keep them as major leaguers or drop them so they can be picked in the minor league draft.
Join Pennant Wars today! A simulated fantasy baseball game where you are the General Manager.

http://www.pennantwars.com/index.php?r= ... &user=2163
garf112
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe Ranker
(Past Year: 38)

Postby Matthias » Tue May 16, 2006 3:27 pm

Here's my thought on it: Make it clean.

For this year, any player who:
(a) was drafted by a team at the beginning of the year and;
(b) who was in the minors at the time of the draft and;
(c) doesn't play themselves into rookie status can be transferred to a minor-league franchise.

Any player who is no longer a minor-league can be kept as a standard keeper.

Any minor-league player who was picked up off of waivers in the last few weeks while you figured this out cannot be kept and must be redrafted. Tough cookies. But will cause less headache to have people who have them have them unload them back to the pool rather than have people sniping.

If people want to start a minor-league system now, then let everyone who can transfer their minor leaguers do so and then schedule or do over email your minor-league draft with all the rest of them.
Matthias
General Manager
General Manager

Postby ukrneal » Tue May 16, 2006 3:34 pm

Garf and Matthias said what I was writing and said it much better than I. So...

What they said! :)
ukrneal
General Manager
General Manager

Postby killercars » Tue May 16, 2006 7:07 pm

thank you so much fellas... the league i'm in has voted against keeping any "separate" minor leaguers so if a team wanted to keep them, it'd have to be part of their Major league keepers...

that answers question number 2 more or less...

any other ip/ab thoughts or OTHER thoughts in general... for next years draft???

thanks again

jhonny.
killercars
College Coach
College Coach

Return to Baseball Leftovers