Trade proposed to me - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Trade proposed to me

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Trade proposed to me

Postby uanap » Mon Apr 22, 2002 5:31 pm

Ok, I know I've been MIA the past week but I was on a vacation and now have to catch up with the wonderful world of fantasybaseball. I came back to this trade proposal:

Sheffield and Tejada for my Arod and Erstad.

I'm leaning against it because I do have Dye coming back very soon and Arod is still going to have an awesome year I'm sure. I also think Erstad will have a comeback year.

What do you guys think? Thanks in advance for the help and ideas.
uanap
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Erstad

Postby cwebb » Mon Apr 22, 2002 5:49 pm

Erstad gives you nice numbers in the steals department but Sheffield should give you more power. If you're not very desperate for power, I wouldn't accept the offer. And you don't need power when you've got Dye coming back.

A-Rod simply is a great one who fills up your SS slot, whereas Sheffield is a top guy among a lot of outfielders...
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Arlo » Mon Apr 22, 2002 6:50 pm

I agree with cwebb: you're not getting quite enough in return. This might work as the basis of a deal if you also get an upgrade somewhere else, but as it stands, I'd turn it down. A-Rod is special, and Erstad is no slouch either.

Hope you had a great vacation!
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby uanap » Tue Apr 23, 2002 12:49 am

Thanks for the help fellas. I did turn down that offer. I need pitching more that I need offense.
uanap
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby petben » Tue Apr 23, 2002 1:29 pm

I agree you can get more, but I really think you guys are overrating Erstad. I like the guy, but he can't carry the offensive load for the Angels without a big bat to back him up in the order. Please don't mention Salmon as a slow starter - heard it last year and he never came out of it. Erstad's average is down and now he's hurt. you might regret not taking that trade in another month if you don't ge any other offers.
petben
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Erstad

Postby cwebb » Tue Apr 23, 2002 2:34 pm

Well, then again Erstad isn't anything special but you can easily replace him with a guy like Jay Gibbons or another OF on a hot streak. But replacing A-Rod? Not even with Tejada... and certainly not with a guy from the wire...
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby uanap » Tue Apr 23, 2002 7:03 pm

Thats true, many OFs are a dime a dozen. In fact, I've got Ward, Andruw, Erstad and Dye as my three OFs. Arod is the best ss there is and if I wanted to trade him I know I could get a Tejada and a good pitcher for him.
uanap
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Return to Baseball Leftovers