Pack the Park Tuesday May 16th - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Detroit Tigers

Pack the Park Tuesday May 16th

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pack the Park Tuesday May 16th

Postby Dannomyte » Mon May 15, 2006 5:43 pm

Join 1270 XYT The Sports Station and the Detroit Tigers on Tuesday, May 16 as we "Pack the Park" against the Minnesota Twins. Stop by the Detroit Tigers ticket window in front of Comerica Park on Tuesday and purchase any upper box seat for $5 (limit six tickets per person).The Tigers and 1270 XYT will open the Box Office with this great ticket offer plus have great prizes including autographed baseballs, the opportunity to throw out the first pitch that night, a 20-game Tiger ticket package plus much more.

The Sports Inferno with Mike Valenti and Terry Foster and The Big Show with Doug Karsch and Art Regner will broadcast LIVE from the Box Office at Comerica Park from 10am - 6:30pm. . Stop by during lunch time to get your tickets plus grab a slice of pizza courtesy of Little Caesars.

*Tickets must be purchased at the Comerica Park Box Office. Limit 6 tickets per person.

Brought to you by Little Caesars, Detroit Tigers and 1270 XYT The Sports Station.

Dannomyte
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Tue May 16, 2006 1:36 am

Is this a one time only production? I cannot go to the game tomorrow, but would love to grab a ticket for a fiver.
I hope they have a good turnout despite the sucky weather that is forecast. Go Tigers ;-D
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dannomyte » Tue May 16, 2006 11:15 am

I'm not sure but I think it's a 1 time deal. Maybe if it's succesful they would consider doing more of them. Unfortunately it doesn't look like mother nature is going to cooperate tonight. :-t
Thankfully I live close enough to the CoPa that I can watch the pre-game show and if they say they are going to get the game in I can make from my front door to the park in 10-15 minutes max.
Dannomyte
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby moochman » Tue May 16, 2006 11:32 am

It looks a little iffy out there, but I think they could get the game in. Enjoy dude. ;-D
moochman
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mcqfesijiba » Tue May 16, 2006 12:25 pm

Maybe a few more promotions like this would help.
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/attendance
The Tigers attendance isn't looking so hot right now up to this point. Hopefully things'll pick up this summer. With the way the team is playing right now, it would be very dissappointing to not surpass 2.5 million fans.
mcqfesijiba
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Dannomyte » Tue May 16, 2006 1:31 pm

Another pack the park event except this time it's on a weekend and it's against the Tribe!

Just got this email from the Tigers.

$20 Upper Box tickets for $10! Let's pack the ballpark Memorial Day weekend with discounted Upper Box tickets as the Tigers face the AL Central rival Cleveland Indians. Click the links below to buy your tickets today.

Maximum of six (6) tickets per customer. While supplies last.

Choose any of the following games to take advantage of this offer:

Date Time vs. Promotion Buy Now
May 26 7:05 p.m. Cleveland Fireworks, Win a Chevy HHR

May 27 7:05 p.m. Cleveland Fireworks, Win a Chevy HHR
May 28 1:05 p.m. Cleveland Kids Run The Bases (following the game)
Free Carousel and Ferris Wheel Rides
Free Tigers Floppy Hat to the 1st 10,000 fans
Dannomyte
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Dannomyte » Tue May 16, 2006 2:07 pm

Just a little update for those who care.

I decided to head to the park early and grab a couple tickets for tonights game and a few others for this home stand. Mainly so I could hit Cheli's for lunch! Anyways it was good to see a steady stream of people heading to the ticket window where there was actually a line! They had 2 windows open that both had lines 7-10 people deep. That may not seem like much but I go to the box office early in the day all the time for tickets and there is never a line. If there is it's only 1 person in front of me. Definitely a good sign for a nice crowd tonight I just hope the weather holds up.

Mike Valenti and Terry Foster had themselves a little tent set up right on the sidewalk in front of the CoPa where they were broadcasting live from. Right next to them was another tent where you could show your tickets for tonight and get a whole Little Caersars pizza for free(not just a slice like the original add said). I passed on that garbage considering one of my objectives was to hit Cheli's for lunch.

I also bought some tickets for Friday night and Saturday night against the Reds. I generally buy the cheapest tickets available and we just stand/sit pretty much anywhere we want with in reason. Normally, I would have absolutely no problem getting Skyline($5) tickets for any game especially since I'm buying them a few days early. Not today. The cheapest available was $12 which is still a good deal imo. The fact that all of the $5 and $8 tickets are gone already is a good sign for the crowds for the games this weekend.

The Tigers attendance isn't looking so hot right now up to this point. Hopefully things'll pick up this summer. With the way the team is playing right now, it would be very dissappointing to not surpass 2.5 million fans.

I agree 100%. I really think that with school almost out, the Wings out of the play-offs and basketball play-offs a month away from ending I think we should see a big rise in attendance in the next month or 2. Hell, the home stand starting May 26th with the Indians, Yankees and Red Sox should spike the numbers nicely.

That's all for now. Sorry for rambling I'm just happy the Tigers are doing good and are back home!
Dannomyte
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Detroit Tigers