Michael Cuddyer=2006 Breakout - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Michael Cuddyer=2006 Breakout

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Mon May 22, 2006 3:28 pm

"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mgblues » Thu May 25, 2006 1:42 pm

Would you rather have Cuddyer or Trot Nixon/Dave Roberts?
"It's 106 miles to Chicago... we've got a full tank of gas, 1/2 a pack of cigarettes, it's dark & we're wearing sunglasses...

Hit it."
mgblues
General Manager
General Manager

Postby chadlincoln » Thu May 25, 2006 1:44 pm

mgblues wrote:Would you rather have Cuddyer or Trot Nixon/Dave Roberts?
:-?
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby WickedSmaat » Thu May 25, 2006 2:05 pm

FBIGUY wrote:I decided to pick him up! I dropped a SP for him, I hope he stays hot and can stay around .300 with 25-30 HR.

I may be asking a lot in the power area, but everyday playing time is his key to produce and I think he is getting that now in Minni....

Dreaming, seriously. You're expecting way too much from a .265 career hitter. Watching him in MN makes me sick most of the time. Happy he's been hot? somewhat, he did this last year for a bit too but came back to earth. He still has to compete for time, especially with Kubel, but his defensive woes have always hurt him. Maybe I'm just bitter about the last three years, or maybe his whole career, but I don't like the outlook of him. You can have him while he's hot...
WickedSmaat
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Graphics ExpertPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Loveable Losers » Thu May 25, 2006 2:10 pm

chadlincoln wrote:
mgblues wrote:Would you rather have Cuddyer or Trot Nixon/Dave Roberts?
:-?

Or Trot Nixon/Wily Mo to make sure you have a starter every day.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby mgblues » Thu May 25, 2006 2:14 pm

If I were to pick up Cuddyer, I would have to drop either Trot Nixon or Dave Roberts. I don't really have anyone else in the OF who I could drop to pick him up. Another possibility would be Barfield but he's backing up my Rickie Weeks & I'm still hoping for a huge year out of him.
"It's 106 miles to Chicago... we've got a full tank of gas, 1/2 a pack of cigarettes, it's dark & we're wearing sunglasses...

Hit it."
mgblues
General Manager
General Manager

Postby The Loveable Losers » Thu May 25, 2006 2:17 pm

Hrm...I think I would drop Trot for Cuddyer if you have to start Trot every day. If you're platooning Trot and Roberts I wouldn't drop either one for Cuddyer but if Trot's your everyday player then you have to make that drop just to get a full time player.
The Loveable Losers
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterWeb Supporter

Postby mgblues » Thu May 25, 2006 2:22 pm

The Loveable Losers wrote:Hrm...I think I would drop Trot for Cuddyer if you have to start Trot every day. If you're platooning Trot and Roberts I wouldn't drop either one for Cuddyer but if Trot's your everyday player then you have to make that drop just to get a full time player.

THanks... I appreciate it.

Hit it."
mgblues
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Yoda » Thu May 25, 2006 2:24 pm

WickedSmaat wrote:
FBIGUY wrote:I decided to pick him up! I dropped a SP for him, I hope he stays hot and can stay around .300 with 25-30 HR.

I may be asking a lot in the power area, but everyday playing time is his key to produce and I think he is getting that now in Minni....

Dreaming, seriously. You're expecting way too much from a .265 career hitter. Watching him in MN makes me sick most of the time. Happy he's been hot? somewhat, he did this last year for a bit too but came back to earth. He still has to compete for time, especially with Kubel, but his defensive woes have always hurt him. Maybe I'm just bitter about the last three years, or maybe his whole career, but I don't like the outlook of him. You can have him while he's hot...

Yeah .300-30 would be his ceiling. .285-20 is more reasonable IMO. You ahve to look beyond just his MLB stats. He is only 27, always had huge potential and qualifies at multiple positions. Great utility guy to have.

Also, he started ripping the ball in Spring Training before he got hurt. Started off slow once he came back from the injury but has been fabulous ever since. Even yesterday, he was the only hitter who took some serious swings at CC who dominated everyone. Took him deep to center field warning track. He'll be fine.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers