Cliff Floyd - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to New York Mets

Cliff Floyd

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cliff Floyd

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon May 15, 2006 2:14 pm

What do you guys think about Old Cliff at this point? I drafted him thinking .270, 75-85 runs, 25-30 HRs, 90-100 RBIs, and 10 SBs was reasonable. And he's just been straight-up awful thus far.

I haven't watched him enough to know if it's just a slow start or something else. Maybe everything he hits is right at somebody... But maybe he's just not right.

What do you Mets fans think?
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Mon May 15, 2006 3:01 pm

Well before this season you would think that healthy would be the key for Floyd but that just hasn't been the case. Other than a few non-serious scrapes he's been completely healthy. I have watched nearly every game this season and Floyd is hitting the ball extremely hard but right at people. This is backed up to a degree by the stats since balls in play average (.196) is 117 points below his career average (.313). Another odd thing is that his contact rate is up in the high 80s over a low 80s career average (which you would think is fertile ground for a hot streak) but on the flip side his line drive rate is down.

I don't think he's hiding an injury. Floyd has always been a streaky hitter and it's really not been that strange in the past to see him have a month where he bats .200. This time around it's a bit prolonged and it stands out because it's the beginning of the season. I think the indicators are there to suggest this is going to level out and Floyd will probably get extremely hot at some point here soon.
Maine has a good swing for a pitcher but on anything that moves, he has no chance. And if it's a fastball, it has to be up in the zone. Basically, the pitcher has to hit his bat. - Mike Pelfrey
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby The_Met_Threat » Mon May 15, 2006 4:30 pm

I think you would be in a good position if you didnt have him and it would be very easy to buy low. Seems like people will throw him away for nothing. But you are not on that side, so be patient and you will be rewarded with around the stats you projected.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Big Pimpin » Mon May 15, 2006 5:01 pm

Good to hear. Thanks guys. Wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. ;-D
Big Pimpin
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 4)

Return to New York Mets