Brian Giles, Juan Pierre and Aramis Ramirez - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Brian Giles, Juan Pierre and Aramis Ramirez

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Brian Giles, Juan Pierre and Aramis Ramirez

Postby fassted » Mon May 15, 2006 10:36 am

Im in a 10 team yahoo league. I am currnetly in first place due in no thanks to my hitting stats. I am strong in ERA, WHIP and saves and am first in K's and steals. I am near the bottom in every other category. Here is my current roster.

C Martinez
1B Morneau..just dropped Nevin for him
2B Lopez
SS Nomar
3B ARAM
MI Lowell...just dropped Bill Hall for him
CI Rolen
OF VLAD
OF Garrett Anderson
OF Juan Pierre
OF Brian Giles
OF Rios
UT Nick Johnson
DL Casey

SP Martinez
SP Webb
SP Sabathia
SP Meyers
SP Lowry...just dropped Penny when Lowry came off DL
RP Valverdie
RP Ryan
RP Turnbow
DL Patterson

I am currnetly 3rd in saves being that 2 teams for some ungodly reason drafted 5 closers a piece. The guy in 4th is breathing down my neck with 3 closers and a ton of hitting. I feel I need to keep 3 until Patterson gets healthy to stave him off and keep my advantage.

Now for my problems. What the hell do I do with my lineup? I figure I can't drop Ramierez but what about Giles and Pierre? Giles is a shell of his former self and Pierre can't get a hit to save his life. It's tough to keep Pierre with Lopez doing so well and both Brian and Dave Roberts on the waiver wire. As far as replacing Giles, here are my meager choices...Feliz, Lofton, Granderson, Monroe, Wilkerson. I already have a 250 hitter in my lineup with Morneau, I cannot afford another. My question is this...should I drop Pierre for Dave Roberts or maybe even Giles for Dave Roberts...keep Pierre and put the Stolen Base category out of reach...or should I continue to be patient and wait for Giles and Pierre to start hitting?

As far as trades go...NO ONE WANTS TO. I've offerred Meyers and any one of my closers for hitting help and no one bit. Should I offer Webb or Pedro? Then I put myself in a pickle with the pitching. I am perplexed. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
fassted
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team