Todd Jones - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Todd Jones

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Todd Jones

Postby Real Deal » Mon May 15, 2006 8:29 am

i first thought rodnet got the save because jones had worked the previous two nights, but there may be more to it.

The team's official website reports Jones complained about a sore knee after Saturday's game in Cleveland and he was held out on Sunday. Manager Jim Leyland said Jones tweaked the knee on one of his final pitches Saturday.
Analysis: Fernando Rodney came on in a save situation on Sunday to close out the Indians. There is no word on the severity of his injury, but it is advisable to reserve him for the upcoming Fantasy week if you have healthier alternatives. Consider scooping up Rodney just in case the injury is serious enough to force Jones to the 15-day disabled list.

DL?? has anyone heard more about this?
Real Deal
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Foul Pole » Mon May 15, 2006 9:38 am

Jones hurting: After saves on back-to-back nights, Todd Jones might not have been available Sunday regardless of his health. When he complained of a sore knee after Saturday's inning of work, he made Leyland's decision easier.

Leyland said Jones tweaked the knee on one of his final pitches Saturday, when he battled Todd Hollandsworth to a full count before inducing a game-ending lineout to center. Leyland said after Sunday's game, however, that Jones should be fine on Tuesday.

I found this on the teams website in the Sunday game notes. I just hope basbeall managers aren't as proned to lying about player's injuries as NFL coahces are. Cause based on this info I'm gonna start him this week.
Foul Pole
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon May 15, 2006 10:10 am

i live in Detroit and havent heard anything about it, the game announcers didnt mention it either on Sunday, but i saw the blurb on CBS

as a Jones owner :-o

could be nothing, but Rodney could be worth a pickup if you have the space
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby chargerss24 » Mon May 15, 2006 10:24 am

Foul Pole wrote:Jones hurting: After saves on back-to-back nights, Todd Jones might not have been available Sunday regardless of his health. When he complained of a sore knee after Saturday's inning of work, he made Leyland's decision easier.

Leyland said Jones tweaked the knee on one of his final pitches Saturday, when he battled Todd Hollandsworth to a full count before inducing a game-ending lineout to center. Leyland said after Sunday's game, however, that Jones should be fine on Tuesday.

I found this on the teams website in the Sunday game notes. I just hope basbeall managers aren't as proned to lying about player's injuries as NFL coahces are. Cause based on this info I'm gonna start him this week.

I hope the news is accurate...I'm keeping Jones in my active lineup because I need to make up ground in saves since I'm ok in the holds catagory.
chargerss24
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Postby chargerss24 » Mon May 15, 2006 10:25 am

Foul Pole wrote:Jones hurting: After saves on back-to-back nights, Todd Jones might not have been available Sunday regardless of his health. When he complained of a sore knee after Saturday's inning of work, he made Leyland's decision easier.

I hope the news is accurate...I'm keeping Jones in my active lineup because I need to make up ground in saves since I'm ok in the holds catagory.
chargerss24
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 42)

Return to Injuries & Player Updates