Hitting is so unpredictable ! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Hitting is so unpredictable !

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Mon May 15, 2006 11:46 am

CeeLoGreen wrote:That's why roto is a better indication of fantasy baseball skill. I have seen countless teams dominate all year and have a bad week during the playoffs. A whole season down the drain. It is my opinion, but roto offers much more of a challenge, plus you don't have to deal with those damn streaming starters.

I officially denounce H2H...

I completely disagree. I won my H2H league 3 years in a row and our league limits starts. It takes much more skill to build a team to win consistently every week especially during playoffs.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby rainman23 » Mon May 15, 2006 12:52 pm

CeeLoGreen wrote:That's why roto is a better indication of fantasy baseball skill. I have seen countless teams dominate all year and have a bad week during the playoffs. A whole season down the drain. It is my opinion, but roto offers much more of a challenge, plus you don't have to deal with those damn streaming starters.

If it's "challenge" you're looking for, then I don't think it's close. In Roto you can gradually build your team, and then when you get it where you want it, basically sit back and relax. Not so in H2H -- you have to be more hands-on week after week. Nothing in Roto is close to the drama of mapping your pitching on the last day or two of a close H2H match-up. Managing offense isn't that different from Roto, although you do get into that "power or speed" thing some times. H2H brings you the same satisfaction as Roto in terms of building your team, but you get extra satisfaction in terms of maximizing that team's potential.

Sure, luck plays a role in terms of deciding winners of individual weeks (not so much the final standings, though). That's another thing that makes H2H fun -- every night matters. There are not nearly the highs and lows on a nightly basis in Roto.

If that sounds exhausting, it can be. Time to head back to Roto for a year to recharge my batteries.
rainman23
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby acsguitar » Mon May 15, 2006 1:01 pm

3 hits out of 9 ab's is an awesome average.

Yea hitting is definitly unpredictable
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Postby Dan Lambskin » Mon May 15, 2006 1:20 pm

rainman23 wrote:

If it's "challenge" you're looking for, then I don't think it's close. In Roto you can gradually build your team, and then when you get it where you want it, basically sit back and relax. Not so in H2H -- you have to be more hands-on week after week. Nothing in Roto is close to the drama of mapping your pitching on the last day or two of a close H2H match-up. Managing offense isn't that different from Roto, although you do get into that "power or speed" thing some times. H2H brings you the same satisfaction as Roto in terms of building your team, but you get extra satisfaction in terms of maximizing that team's potential.

Sure, luck plays a role in terms of deciding winners of individual weeks (not so much the final standings, though). That's another thing that makes H2H fun -- every night matters. There are not nearly the highs and lows on a nightly basis in Roto.

If that sounds exhausting, it can be. Time to head back to Roto for a year to recharge my batteries.

i like to play 1 league of each each year, but i play a points based H2H, not like the lame 5x5 Yahoo style H2H.

as for just sitting back in Roto and no excitement, have you ever been in a close 3 or 4 way race with a week or two to go and a HR or SB can win or lose it for you. pretty exciting/nervewracking too
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers