Yahoo Question (not stats related) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Yahoo Question (not stats related)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Yahoo Question (not stats related)

Postby Knights » Sun May 14, 2006 1:36 pm

I offered someone in my league a 2-for-1 deal yesterday... he gets 2 of my guys, I get 1 of his.

At the time that he accepted the trade, he had 1 empty spot on his roster, so when he accepted the trade he wasn't prompted by Yahoo to choose a player to drop off his roster in the trade.

HOWEVER, since the time the the trade was accepted, he has played around with his roster, and has now filled ALL 5 of his bench spots.

So two questions:

1. WHY did Yahoo allow him to fill up all of his bench spots when he had already accepted a trade that would take care of filling those spots?

2. Is my trade basically dead now (even though it had already been accepted before he filled out his roster) because he no longer has the extra roster space to take on a 2-for-1?

I'm really concerned about this, because I was getting Sizemore back in this deal and I don't want to lose that deal just because of a stupid glitch that allowed him to fill up his roster AFTER accepting an unbalanced trade.
Knights
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 28)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby neonglow » Sun May 14, 2006 2:40 pm

I thought this wasn't the case? Yahoo just prevents you from setting your lineup until you drop someone. It should be the same thing as a player coming off the DL.
neonglow
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby TheYanks04 » Sun May 14, 2006 2:45 pm

neonglow wrote:I thought this wasn't the case? Yahoo just prevents you from setting your lineup until you drop someone. It should be the same thing as a player coming off the DL.

Yahoo software is not that sophisticated to poject out like that...and there is an chance the deal could get vetoed in theory, so you would be hampering player moves. It is free, so you really can't complain too much. He needs to cut someone if he wants the deal to go through.
TheYanks04
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Return to Baseball Leftovers