Hamels - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Minor League & College Baseball

Hamels

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Hamels

Postby Knicks4ever » Sun May 14, 2006 11:23 am

how good is this guy? I just grabed him in my 12 team keeper with 3 man minor leauge rosters, no one had him on there minor leauge roster, what can i expect from him? y was no one talking about him before the season? is he on the same level as a billingsly or liriano? And do u think he will be worth keeping on a 10 player keeper?
Knicks4ever
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby EvSolo » Sun May 14, 2006 6:07 pm

he has always been touted, however he wasnt as talked about so much preseason becasue of his lack of playing time due to injuries. he only has about 150 IP in his pro career and only 3 starts in AAA (but they have been ridiculously good). i wouldnt go so far to put him as high as liriano and billinglsy for the sole reasons that they have spectacular track records. Hamels is defiantely worth keeping if his performance keeps up
EvSolo
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby nathan050904 » Sun May 14, 2006 10:02 pm

With those 3 prospects you named (Liriano, Billingsley, and Hamels) I think Liriano's in a league of his own and I like him quite a bit more then Billingsley. I am not saying Billingsley won't be a #1 in the majors just that I think Liriano's stuff is just that more impressive. Hamels, I would put on the same level as a Billingsley with the potential to be better. I tend to like a strong southpaw rather then a righty. If Hamels can remain healthy I think he has a chance to be an "ace" type pitcher. Health is my only issue with Hamels and from the reports I've read he's serious about his workout routine that's suppose to strengthen his back (which was an issue). So im not as concerned about his health until his next injury.
nathan050904
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Minor League & College Baseball