Make Or Break Performances - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Make Or Break Performances

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Arlo » Fri Apr 26, 2002 8:26 am

England? Looks like this is turning into a global site!

Sabathia can be one of the most frustrating pitchers in baseball. You know the talent's there, but he's unbelievably inconsistent. If you need saves, Julio would be a nice pickup at this point, even though there's no guarantee he'll be Baltimore's sole closer for the entire season.

Still, I don't think you should just waive Sabathia. Try seeing if you can deal him and still pick up Julio. Good luck!
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby EugeneStyles » Fri Apr 26, 2002 10:36 am

If Alex Sanchez and Tony Womack don't get some more stolen bases soon, they're both going to be history. God knows I didn't pick them up for their bats.

Jason Schmidt probably has a couple more starts before you can tell if he's recovered from his injury, but if he's still getting shelled after 3 starts, he's toast.
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Dan » Fri Apr 26, 2002 2:36 pm

I wouldnt give up on Womack that quick, he is a notorious low starter, and you will see a lot of him in the coming month!
Dan
Maitre D'
Maitre D'

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby EugeneStyles » Sun Apr 28, 2002 2:32 pm

Eli Marerro is beginning to lose his place on my sleeper list. He's cooled off (although someone said that he is slumping badly, which isn't entirely true), and the Cardinals have gone back to their policy of benching their best hitting catcher. Stupid Cardinals. :-[

Well, I'm not ready to drop him just yet, but I'm probably going to bench him next week, if I can pick up another outfielder. He's got a little more time to prove himself before I write him off completely, but he's now officially "on the bubble". ;-)
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby uanap » Sun Apr 28, 2002 11:32 pm

Womack is a notoriously slow starter, which is very fustrating. On the plus side, he's playing a lot better at home than on the road. The Dbacks have a few homestands coming up in the next few weeks so I say stick with him.
uanap
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Arlo » Mon May 06, 2002 6:04 am

That's it - goodbye Jose Ortiz. Looks like I was wrong in my assessment of what he'd do this year. I still hope the kid makes it, but if even a manager change doesn't give him more playing time and confidence, it could be a long season...

:,-(
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Arlo » Sun May 12, 2002 8:14 pm

Esteban Yan probably fell into this category for many of his owners; looks like, for the time being, he's passed the test.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby EugeneStyles » Sun May 12, 2002 10:21 pm

I'm wondering about whether to put Shawn Estes on Make-or-Break status. I'm just sick of his -3 point performances (h2h league) and ERA/WHIP bloating (yup, that's right, I got him in my 4x4 league too). Is there a light at the end of the tunnel? I'm thinking that in the 4x4 league (which doesn't have a bench), I'll suffer through his two apperances this week and see what he looks like then. In the h2h league, he'll just ride the bench until I have to make room for Prior.
EugeneStyles
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby Arlo » Mon May 13, 2002 5:24 am

Not having a bench makes these decisions even more difficult...

I think looking at the next two starts is a good plan. In anything but deep leagues, I'd be close to giving up on him as well.
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Matt » Mon May 13, 2002 12:15 pm

Well I have a couple choices to make here.. Fogg, keeping in line with the thread, has earned a spot on the rubber for me. Living in SF has helped me grow to love the Fogg. But the bubble now has two new friends, Cedeno and Alou. It is starting to look more and more like Cedeno will be lucky to get 20 stolen bases this season, much less 60! And now with Nevin down and Hinske on the waivers I think that it leaves me no choice. I so want to pull out the perverbial pin and pop Cedeno's highchair! and swallow my draft day pride. Alou on the other hand has a little more time up there before I drop him. I have a little time since I am in first place but I am growing closer and closer to pulling the plug.
Matt

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers