Coffey nipping at Weathers's heals - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Coffey nipping at Weathers's heals

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby tinfoilxtouch » Sat May 13, 2006 6:11 pm

brandnew wrote:
Some guy in my league has Lidge, Cordero, Wheeler. I feel bad for anyone who took Lidge over KRod. A 4th/5th round pick wasted on a guy that's essential to a specific cat. ouch :-t

Well, so far Lidge in the 4th round isn't working out very well. He was easily worth that pick the last two seasons though. 260k in two seasons from a closer? 8-o I don't think he's a single-cat guy when he'll get you as many strikeouts as some starters.

In my league, Podsednik went before Lidge. So did a bunch of second-tier hitters like Aram. Anyone pick can turn out to be a bust, but there was nothing going into this season that would have hinted Lidge wasn't a great pick in the 45-60 range.
tinfoilxtouch
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby brandnew » Sat May 13, 2006 6:19 pm

I never said he didn't deserve to be picked there, or that he's a single-cat guy. I'm saying he's so essential to one category (saves), and it's such a huge hit to lose your 4th round pick who you were counting on to be the guy to hold down that category for you.

I'm not one to talk, I took Bonds in the 4th, and only have BJ for closers. I'm trying to trade Bonds for Lidge as we speak...
brandnew
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Coffey nipping at Weathers's heals

Postby kemper5 » Sun May 14, 2006 2:09 am

I think before to long Coffey will be Closing for the Reds.. Weathers last couple apperances have resulted in 2 blown saves and he's not looking so hot.. My 2 closers Otsuka and Weathers :~( :~( .. Result last 2 weeks :-t :-t
kemper5
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers