Sleepers Who Deserve More Attention.... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Sleepers Who Deserve More Attention....

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby Yoda » Sun May 14, 2006 11:07 am

Red Stripe wrote:
Red Stripe wrote:I've got a good one for a deep league, he's probably a better spot starting type pitcher though than a sleeper you want to keep on your team though.

Aaron Cook

Has gone over 6 IP every outing this year and hasn't given up more than 4 ER in a game this year. You can't use the Coors excuse for not owning this guy either because here's his home/away splits this year

Home- 2.79 ERA 1.21 WHIP .265 BAA
Away- 4.58 ERA 1.42 WHIP .289 BAA

Not much of a strikeout guy considering he's only got 19 in 48.1 IP but he's not going to kill your ERA or WHIP. Plus he's in the NL West, so he'll be facing a good amount of bad offenses.

Last night at Houston

6.1 IP 5 H 2 BB 1 ER 6 K

I might be picking him up soon.

I wouldn't advise anyone to pick up a COL starting pitcher unless you are in a deep league. Also, if I HAD to pick up a COL starting pitcher, I would probably go with Francis.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Webster11 » Sun May 14, 2006 11:17 am

Yoda wrote:
Red Stripe wrote:
Red Stripe wrote:I've got a good one for a deep league, he's probably a better spot starting type pitcher though than a sleeper you want to keep on your team though.

Aaron Cook

Has gone over 6 IP every outing this year and hasn't given up more than 4 ER in a game this year. You can't use the Coors excuse for not owning this guy either because here's his home/away splits this year

Not much of a strikeout guy considering he's only got 19 in 48.1 IP but he's not going to kill your ERA or WHIP. Plus he's in the NL West, so he'll be facing a good amount of bad offenses.

Last night at Houston

6.1 IP 5 H 2 BB 1 ER 6 K

I wouldn't advise anyone to pick up a COL starting pitcher unless you are in a deep league. Also, if I HAD to pick up a COL starting pitcher, I would probably go with Francis.

I picked him up in my 20 teamer. I definetely wouldnt ignore cook because of coors. From what Ive read hes a groundball pitcher and hes had success at coors.

In some ways I almost see pitching at coors as an advantage for him. If hes as good a groundball pitcher as some of the scouting reports say he is hell have a big advantage over his opposing pitcher while pitching at coors which could lead to more run support and more wins.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=scoutingreportrockiespit&prov=tsn&type=lgns
Webster11
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby JTWood » Sun May 14, 2006 12:23 pm

Yoda wrote:
Red Stripe wrote:

Aaron Cook

Last night at Houston

6.1 IP 5 H 2 BB 1 ER 6 K

Agreed. If any pitcher on their staff has the tools to succeed, in general, it's Francis.
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Kurtangletn » Sun May 14, 2006 12:41 pm

I was going to pick up lowell, but I was too late. Hes a good player, glad the Sox got him now that Mueller's knees are acting up for the Dodgers.

No doubt in my mind he'll finish with the most doubles.
Kurtangletn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Another Blown Save » Sun May 14, 2006 1:06 pm

One guy to keep your eyes on today: Ian Snell
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby AKhomebrewer » Sun May 14, 2006 1:34 pm

Yoda wrote:I've been pimping Cuddyer since Spring Training.

I had him pegged as a breakout sleeper last season, and wound up sorely disappointed. But perhaps that optimism was simply a year premature. Gardy certainly seems to be intent on finding a way to get him in the lineup now. Gotta like the position eligibility.
AKhomebrewer
General Manager
General Manager

Cafeholic

Postby Another Blown Save » Sun May 14, 2006 2:02 pm

Another Blown Save wrote:One guy to keep your eyes on today: Ian Snell

I'll take this back !+)
Mat Latos - Sponsored by the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
Another Blown Save
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby JTWood » Mon May 15, 2006 9:49 am

Another Blown Save wrote:
Another Blown Save wrote:One guy to keep your eyes on today: Ian Snell

I'll take this back !+)

Too late! I'm putting it in my sig!!!

:-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter