MVP Baseball - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

MVP Baseball

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

MVP Baseball

Postby cubsrock » Sat May 13, 2006 12:13 am

Well, I gave 2k6 a shot, and it sucked so I sold it on amazon. I broke out my old copy of mvp 05, and got the updated rosters on my action replay. I've been playing it awhile, but I was reminded how unrealistic it seems. Does anyone have any good settings for the gameplay tuning thingys? It's always easy to pitch complete games, hit home runs blah blah blah, and it always seems to hard to steel bases, and the cpu always makes gold glove plays with the crappiest fielders. Oh...also...does anyone know if the game got taken of xbox live? I always try and go on, but it says i lost the connection with the server, but then when I try to get on on another game, it works fine...
cubsrock
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: MVP Baseball

Postby Red Stripe » Sat May 13, 2006 11:39 am

cubsrock wrote:Well, I gave 2k6 a shot, and it sucked so I sold it on amazon. I broke out my old copy of mvp 05, and got the updated rosters on my action replay. I've been playing it awhile, but I was reminded how unrealistic it seems. Does anyone have any good settings for the gameplay tuning thingys? It's always easy to pitch complete games, hit home runs blah blah blah, and it always seems to hard to steel bases, and the cpu always makes gold glove plays with the crappiest fielders. Oh...also...does anyone know if the game got taken of xbox live? I always try and go on, but it says i lost the connection with the server, but then when I try to get on on another game, it works fine...

Get MLB 06: The Show. That is a great baseball game and I like it just as much as MVP. They make it more realistic too like how you actually have to have a good eye to hit the ball. Free swinging with the bat won't hit you doubles most of the time like they do in the MVPs.
Red Stripe
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Strasil42 » Sat May 13, 2006 3:00 pm

I remember finding really realistic sliders for the game.

It might be on gamefaqs.com on the forums, if not just search mvp baseball 05 sliders on google.

btw could i get a link to the updated rosters?
Strasil42
General Manager
General Manager

Re: MVP Baseball

Postby j24jags » Sat May 13, 2006 3:37 pm

Red Stripe wrote:
cubsrock wrote:Well, I gave 2k6 a shot, and it sucked so I sold it on amazon. I broke out my old copy of mvp 05, and got the updated rosters on my action replay. I've been playing it awhile, but I was reminded how unrealistic it seems. Does anyone have any good settings for the gameplay tuning thingys? It's always easy to pitch complete games, hit home runs blah blah blah, and it always seems to hard to steel bases, and the cpu always makes gold glove plays with the crappiest fielders. Oh...also...does anyone know if the game got taken of xbox live? I always try and go on, but it says i lost the connection with the server, but then when I try to get on on another game, it works fine...

Get MLB 06: The Show. That is a great baseball game and I like it just as much as MVP. They make it more realistic too like how you actually have to have a good eye to hit the ball. Free swinging with the bat won't hit you doubles most of the time like they do in the MVPs.

yea i had mlb2k6 and was disappointed, i got the show and its great
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby kimchi_chigae » Sat May 13, 2006 4:54 pm

I actually both MLB 06: The Show yesterday...only played for a couple of hours and I thought it was great. I was a little hesitant to buy it in the first place cuz I bought MLB 05 and I was really disappointed with it...The Show is much better though. ;-D
Free WR!
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 200)

Postby bigh0rt » Sat May 13, 2006 7:34 pm

Check out http://www.mvpmods.com for some slider recommendations for all styles of gameplay. ;-D
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 351)

Postby cubsrock » Sat May 13, 2006 10:31 pm

K, I'll check out gamefaqs and mvpmods. I have mlb 06: the show for psp and its pretty good, but theres no dynasty mode in the psp version, just career and single season and I dont have a ps2, so I can't get it for that. Strasil, I got the rosters off the action replay thingy. When you install it a thing comes up where you just click on the game and then it shows files you can download from the game. If you have a ps2, you could go to http://www.rostermania.com/ and download the mlb mvp 06 rosters and put them on a jump drive and then put it on your ps2.
cubsrock
College Coach
College Coach

Postby chadlincoln » Mon May 15, 2006 10:13 am

I played The Show on my brother-in-law's PS2 and loved it. I'm an Xbox guy. Too bad they don't have The Show for X-box. Any suggestions on good baseball games on X-box?
7/26 - Cafe goes down:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Table './cafe_forums/baseball_sessions' is marked as crashed and should be repaired [145]
An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.
chadlincoln
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby acsguitar » Mon May 15, 2006 11:22 am

My life is now dedicated to oblivion so I haven't played my baseball game in a long time.
I'm too lazy to make a sig at the moment
acsguitar
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics Expert

Return to General Talk