Lidge Removed as Closer - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Lidge Removed as Closer

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby The_Met_Threat » Sat May 13, 2006 10:06 pm

Zito is God wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:
Zito is God wrote:Closers very rarely get the job back. I say grab Wheeler or Qualls because unless it takes 2-3 days to "improve the mechanics" Lidge will likely be done. Dan Kolb still haunts me, 5th round pick...

This is a pretty funny post. Please do not compare Dan Kolb to Brad Lidge. And also please stop saying that Lidge's meltdown is because of Albert Pujols' home run. Its a home run hes given up a lot in his career, i hope you guys realize the Astros won the NLCS. Id say pujols hr would be a factor if that was game 7.

Umm...when did I compare the two pitchers? Umm...when did I ever mention the Pujols homerun? Hope you're not illiterate.

Only the first 2 sentences were directed at you. I just didnt want to make 2 posts.
The Mets [b]will[/b] win the World Series this year.
The_Met_Threat
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby WyldStallyn » Sun May 14, 2006 9:51 am

Pacman wrote:
The Guru wrote:just got wheeler

;-D

Just curious, why the run to grab Wheeler, when the article says Wheeler and Quals will split the saves?

its just to try and steal a few saves. even if you only get 2 or 3 saves out of him, that can be the difference in the end. i would hope that nobody is dropping any solid fantasy players for him. but i still had rodney on a team, and dropped him for wheeler. when he loses the job, ill pick up someone else who may get a few saves.
WyldStallyn
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafeholic

Postby JTWood » Sun May 14, 2006 10:28 am

WyldStallyn wrote:
Pacman wrote:
The Guru wrote:just got wheeler

;-D

Just curious, why the run to grab Wheeler, when the article says Wheeler and Quals will split the saves?

its just to try and steal a few saves. even if you only get 2 or 3 saves out of him, that can be the difference in the end. i would hope that nobody is dropping any solid fantasy players for him. but i still had rodney on a team, and dropped him for wheeler. when he loses the job, ill pick up someone else who may get a few saves.

So... I should not have dropped Ryan when I picked up Wheeler????

;-7 :-D
JTWood
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Zito is God » Sun May 14, 2006 10:49 am

The_Met_Threat wrote:
Zito is God wrote:
The_Met_Threat wrote:
Zito is God wrote:Closers very rarely get the job back. I say grab Wheeler or Qualls because unless it takes 2-3 days to "improve the mechanics" Lidge will likely be done. Dan Kolb still haunts me, 5th round pick...

This is a pretty funny post. Please do not compare Dan Kolb to Brad Lidge. And also please stop saying that Lidge's meltdown is because of Albert Pujols' home run. Its a home run hes given up a lot in his career, i hope you guys realize the Astros won the NLCS. Id say pujols hr would be a factor if that was game 7.

Umm...when did I compare the two pitchers? Umm...when did I ever mention the Pujols homerun? Hope you're not illiterate.

I never intended to imply that I am comparing Kolb to Lidge. I mefrely stated that the situation at hand reminded me of my situation with Kolb last year after his 39 (I think) save season.

Only the first 2 sentences were directed at you. I just didnt want to make 2 posts.

Sean Tracey has my apologies, we all know Ozzie Guillen is an idiot. I'm rooting for you!
Zito is God
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Yoda » Sun May 14, 2006 10:53 am

Closers are fickle. While I do think Lidge will eventually get his job back, you can't rule out the possibility that he may not.
"Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that." ~George Carlin
Yoda
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kurtangletn » Sun May 14, 2006 12:25 pm

both qualls and wheeler are in my league, I dont think I want to pick them up though, I dont have the room for a temp closer thats going to split saves
Kurtangletn
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers